Performance Analysis of Tag Identification Method Based on Multi-Reader Using Anti-Collision Algorithm
This study suggests the tag identification method which uses a radio frequency identification (RFID) system based on multi-reader to minimize tag collision and to reduce the tag authentication time. The proposed method analyzes the tag recognition time by applying the binary search algorithm and the adaptive group separation (AGS) algorithm. The result of the performance analysis shows that the proposed method reduces the tag authentication time by 40 % compared to the previous single-reader configuration method. Futhermore, it draws the most efficient number of readers according to anti-collision algorithm and suggests effective multi-reader methods.
KeywordsRFID Tag identification Anti-collision algorithm Multi-reader XOR Hash function
This work was supported by the Security Engineering Research Center, granted by the Korea Ministry of Knowledge Economy.
- 1.Finkenzeller K (2003) RFID handbook, 2nd edn. Wiley, CiudadGoogle Scholar
- 2.Gao HD, Guo YJ, Cui JQ, Hao HG, Shi H (2012) A communication protocol of RFID systems in internet of things. IJSIA 6(2):91–102Google Scholar
- 4.Ahamed SI, Rahman F, Hoque E, Kawsar F, Nakajima T (2008) Secure and efficient tag searching in RFID systems using serverless search protocol. IJSIA 2(4):57–66Google Scholar
- 7.Jiang L-F, Lu G-Z, Xin Y-W (2007) Research on anti-collision algorithm in radio frequency identification system. Comput Eng Appl 15:29–32Google Scholar
- 8.Lee H-S, Lee S-H, Kim S-K, Bang S-I (2009) Adaptive group separation anti-collision algorithm for efficient RFID system. J Inst Electron Eng Korea 46(5):48–55Google Scholar