Feasibility Study of 32 Trellis-Coded OFDM Waveform for Tactical Information Communication
In this paper, the applicability of 32 trellis-coded OFDM waveform is studied for the tactical information communications system in NCW (Network Centric Warfare). In order to reduce received SNR in BER 1.0E-6 conditions, we proposed a 32-TCM. We also applied OFDM technologies such as timing recovery, carrier recovery, and equalizer, in order to reduce robust channel impairments caused by non-LOS environments where a signal is not received from another system. Simulation results show that coding gain of a 32 trellis-coded OFDM waveform has about 7 dB and 2 dB, compared to single-carrier 16-QAM waveform and OFDM (16QAM) waveform in tactical communication environments, respectively.
KeywordsTCM OFDM waveform Time offset Frequency offset
- 2.van de Beek JJ, Sandell M (1997) ML estimation of time and frequency offset in OFDM systems. IEEE Trans Sig Proc 45(7):1800–1805Google Scholar
- 3.Kobayashi H, Mori K, Nagaosa T (2003) Proposal of symbol timing and carrier frequency synchronization methods for burst mode OFDM signal. IEICE Trans Commun E86-B(1):257–265Google Scholar
- 4.Kang, H (2006) Integer frequency offset compensation algorithms for OFDM receiver in wireless mobile channel environments. In: Proceedings of JCCI2006Google Scholar
- 5.Jeon HG, Kim KS, Serpiden E (2010) A novel frequency offset estimation for OFDM systems. In: Proceedings of KIMICS 2010, vol 3, no. 1, pp 201–205Google Scholar
- 7.Jo JI (2004) Residual frequency offset estimation for OFDM system of packet type. The Korean society of broadcast engineers conferenceGoogle Scholar