Analysis on Off-Current of Double Gate MOSFET for Composition of Forward and Backward Current
This paper has analyzed the change of forward and backward current for channel doping concentration and structures to analyze off-current of double gate (DG) MOSFET. The Gaussian function as channel doping distribution has been used to obtain the similar results, compared with experimental ones, and the two dimensional analytical potential distribution model derived from Poisson’s equation has been used to analyze the off-current. The off-current has been analyzed for the change of projected range and standard projected range of Gaussian function with device parameters such as channel length, channel thickness, gate oxide thickness and channel doping concentration. As a result, this research shows the off-current has greatly influenced on forward and backward current for device parameters, especially for the shape of Gaussian function for channel doping concentration.
KeywordsDGMOSFET Device parameter Off-current Channel structure Poisson equation Gaussian function
- 1.Seung-Min J (2012) A study of a high performance capacitive sensing scheme using a floating-gate MOS transistor. J Inf Commun Converg Eng 10:194–199Google Scholar
- 2.Sima D (2012) Principles of semiconductor devices. Oxford University Press, NewYorkGoogle Scholar
- 5.Tiwari PK, Kumar S, Mittal S, Srivastava V, Pandey KU, Jit S (2009) A 2D analytical model of the channel potential and threshold voltage of double-gate (DG) MOSFETs with vertical Gaussian doping profiles. In: IMPACT-2009, pp 52–55Google Scholar
- 7.Hakkee J (2012) Movement of conduction path for electron distribution in channel of double gate MOSFET. J KIICE 16:805–811Google Scholar
- 8.Kedzierski J, Fried DM, Edward EJ, Kanarsky T, Rankin JH, Hanafi H, Natzle W, Boyd D, Zhang Y, Roy RA, Newbury J, Yu C, Yang Q, Saunders P, Willets CP, Johnson A, Cole SP, Young HE, Carpenter N, Rakowski D, Rainey BA, Cottrell PE, Ieong M, Wong HP (2001) High-performance symmetric-gate and CMOS compatible Vt asymmetric-gate FinFET devices. In: IEDM Technical Digest, pp 437–440Google Scholar