A Design and Development of Korean Traditional Board Game on Android Environment
Recently smartphones have become widely used, as various applications including games have been developed and the application market has become more and more increasing. While many studies to capitalize on the state-of-the-art device are being conducted, however, there are few studies or application developments on Korea’s traditional games. This paper examines the processes to develop Konu, Korea’s traditional board game, into an Android based application. To this end, this paper first explains differences between developing games on the PC and smartphones, observes smartphone applications and Konu, examines the system of Konunori and finally compares a well-known Omok application with Konunori to show advantages.
KeywordsAndroid Smartphone Konu Omok
This research was supported by Basic Science Research Program through the National Research Foundation of Korea(NRF) funded by the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology(2012-0002852).
- 1.Qiang X, Jeffrey E, Alexandre G, Zhuoqing M, Jeffrey P, Shobha V (2011) Identifying diverse usage behaviors of smartphone apps. IMC ‘11: Proceedings of the 2011 ACM SIGCOMM conference on Internet measurement conference, pp 329–344Google Scholar
- 2.Hossein F, Ratul M, Srikanth K, Dimitrios L, Ramesh G, Deborah E (2010) Diversity in smartphone usage. MobiSys ‘10: Proceedings of the 8th international conference on mobile systems, applications, and services, pp 179–194Google Scholar
- 3.Robert JH (2011) A point-and-shoot weapon design for outdoor multi-player smartphone games. FDG ‘11: Proceedings of the 6th international conference on foundations of digital games, pp 53–60Google Scholar
- 4.Mobile Contents : http://www.mobizen.pe.kr/940
- 5.Hong M, Lee HM (2012) A study on characteristics of serious game user through implementation of mobile sequence game. J KISS 19-A 3: 155–160Google Scholar
- 6.Lee JH (2010) Android Programming Pro. WikiBooks Google Scholar