Improvement in Waterproof Effect of Speaker Enclosure
Currently, demands for the outdoor broadcasts and concerts are increasing. Due to certain circumstances of outdoor spaces, loud speakers can be easily damaged by rain, which might cause unnecessary vibration and noise. In this paper, experimental approaches to improve waterproof-effect of the movable loud speaker have been investigated. Acoustic experiments to study the water-proof effect of enclosure based on the three different types of material were performed. Analyzing and comparing acoustic characteristics such as the frequency and sound pressure, we have shown that FRP has the most outstanding performance on the water-proof effect of loudspeaker. Also, these results represent that water-proof loudspeaker can be manufactured for mass products.
KeywordsSpeaker FRP Enclosure MDF
- 4.Pierce AD (1989) Acoustics—an introduction to its physical principles and applications. ASA, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 5.Beranek L (1992) Music, acoustics, and architecture. Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 6.Bruel K (1996) Microphone handbook, vol. 1, TheoryGoogle Scholar
- 7.Kosatakao S (2006) PA introduction, SRMUSIC, pp 77–79Google Scholar
- 8.Kim G-R (2011) Miniatured plannar bandpass filter using coupled metamaterial resonators. JICCE 9(3):256–259Google Scholar