ISPM: An Improved Secure Payment Mechanism to Prevent the Black Hole Attack and Selfish Node in WMN
The existing receipt-based mechanisms only concerned with selfish nodes, but it lack of concern for the internal attacks and fail to prevent unsafe routing to establish. In this paper, an improved secure payment mechanism (ISPM) is proposed to prevent the black hole attack and selfish node in WMN. ISPM can effectively reduce the nodes selfish behavior with the timer that contained in each mesh node. In addition, the mesh nodes saved receipt is also used to against black hole attacks. Instead of requesting all mesh nodes in the forwarding path submitted the receipt to the accounting center (AC), only one mesh node need to submit the receipt to AC in ISPM. Our analytical and simulation results demonstrate that ISPM has lower packet loss rate and higher throughput than the traditional receipt-base payment mechanism.
KeywordsWMN ISPM Receipt Credits Selfish nodes Black hole attack
This work has been partially supported by Scientific Research Fund of Hunan Provincial Education Department (No: 10B034), Hunan Provincial Natural Science Foundation of China (No: 10JJ3067), Hunan Provincial Science and Technology Plan Project (No: 2012FJ4333).
- 2.Chen HS, Ji ZZ, Hu MZ (2006) A novel security agent scheme for AODV routing protocol based on thread state transition. Asian J Inf Technol 5:54–60Google Scholar
- 4.Prathapani A, Santhanam LP, Agrawal D (2011) Detection of blackhole attack in a wireless mesh network using intelligent honeypot agents. J Supercomputing, pp 1–28Google Scholar
- 5.Gupta S, Kar S, Dharmaraja S (2011) BAAP: blackhole attack avoidance protocol for wireless network. In: 2nd IEEE international conference on computer and communication technology (ICCCT). IEEE press, Allahabad, pp 468–473Google Scholar
- 6.Tamilselvan L, Sankaranarayanan V (2008) Prevention of co-operative black hole attack in MANET. J Netw 3:13–20Google Scholar
- 7.Buchegger S, Boudec JL (2002) Performance analysis of the confidant protocol (cooperation of nodes: fairness in dynamic ad-hoc networks). In: 3rd ACM international symposium on mobile ad hoc networking and computing. ACM Press, Lausanne, pp 226–236Google Scholar
- 8.Michiardi P, Molva R (2002) CORE: a collaborative reputation mechanism to enforce node cooperation in mobile ad hoc networks. In: 6th IFIP communications and multimedia security conference (CMS), PortoroszGoogle Scholar
- 10.Salem NB, Buttyan L, Hubaux JP, Jakobsson M (2003) A charging and rewarding scheme for packet forwarding in multihop cellular networks. In: 4th ACM international symposium on mobile ad hoc networking and computing. ACM Press, Annapolis, pp 13–24Google Scholar
- 13.Mahmoud MMEA, Shen XM (2011) RISE: receipt-free cooperation incentive scheme for multihop wireless networks. In: IEEE international conference on communications (ICC). IEEE Press, Kyoto, pp 1–5Google Scholar