Implementation of Vehicle Remote Status Verification System Using Driving Information
Based on the internal vehicle data collected with OBD and location data collected through GPS, drivers’ driving information is recorded. It is used for inspection of car status. This driving information is offered to drivers (users) through smartphone applications, and to auto repair shops through website, implementing a system allowing for remote inspection of vehicle status for drivers.
KeywordsDriving information Remote vehicle diagnostic OBD GPS Web Android
This research was financially supported by the Ministry of Education, Science Technology (MEST) and National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) through the Human Resource Training Project for Regional Innovation.
- 1.Jeong D-W, Jang J-W (2012) Mobile-based vehicle supplies check management system. In: International conference on ubiquitous and future networks (ICUFN), Phuket, pp 140–144Google Scholar
- 2.Said A, Jaouni F, Qadamani W (2012) Android-based universal vehicle diagnostic and tracking system. In: Proceedings of the ISCE on 2012 IEEE 16th international symposium, Harrisburg of PA, pp 137–143Google Scholar
- 3.Wang J-F, Wei YR, Shang J, Kao S-Y (2011) The implementation of real-time on-line vehicle diagnostics and early fault estimation system. In: International conference on genetic and evolutionary computing (ICGEC), Xiamen, pp 13–16Google Scholar
- 4.OBD (Wikipedia). http://ko.wikipedia.org/
- 5.GPS (Wikipedia). http://ko.wikipedia.org/