This book aims to focus on the policy of the water sector in Israel. It brings together 16 chapters written by experts in their field. Each chapter deals with a different aspect of the policy dimension. In this introduction chapter, I draw the linkage among them besides providing the justification for this book and describing the water sector in Israel in a concise way.
KeywordsWater Price Water Policy Water Sector Water Authority Desalination Plant
- Bain Committee. (2010). National Committee report on the management of the water sector in Israel. A special report submitted to the Israeli parliament (Knesset). Jerusalm, Israel. http://elyon1.court.gov.il/heb/mayim/Hodaot/00407510.pdf.
- Fischandler, I. (2008). Institutional conditions for IWRM: The Israeli case. Ground Water, 46, 91–102.Google Scholar
- Fischandler, I., & Heikkila, T. (2010). Does integrated water resources management support institutional change? The case of Water Policy Reform in Israel. Ecology and Society, 15(1): ART.4.Google Scholar
- Gvirtzman, H. (2002). Israel water resources: Chapters in hydrology and environmental science. Jerusalem: Yad Ben Zvi Press. (Hebrew).Google Scholar
- Kislev, Y. (2011). The water sector in Israel (Policy paper 2011.15). Jerusalem: The Taub Center.Google Scholar
- Magen Committee. (2002). A special report of the Israeli Parliament on the water sector. The Knesset, Jerusalem, Israel. http://www.knesset.gov.il/committees/heb/docs/vaadat_chakira_mayim.htm.
- Waslekar, S. (2011). The blue peace: Rethinking Middle East water. Mumbai: Strategic Foresight Group.Google Scholar