Improving of Cache Performance using Trust Value of Nodes
Caching scheme is important to improve data access performance and decrease bandwidth in MANET which consists of only MN. Many study like to solve cache consistency problem in this caching technique is achieved, but most of scheme is exposed to various security attacks. In particular, malicious node causes error from receiver through insertion and modification of stale data. In this paper, we proposed the technique which removes threat factor for cache consistency through authentication process using trust check about node. Cache table management scheme based cluster is applied to decrease overhead and manage efficient cache as MN discovers cache. We identified that proposed scheme in experiment result showed improved performance in average query latency and cache hit ratio.
KeywordsCache consistency Mobile ad-hoc network Trust value
- 1.Toh CK (2002) Ad hoc network wireless networks. Protocol and system, Prentice Hall PTR, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 2.Hara T (2001) Effective replica allocation in ad hoc networks for improving data accessibility. In: Proceedings of INFOCOM, pp 1568–1576Google Scholar
- 5.Cao G, Yin L, Das C (2004) Cooperative cache based data access framework for ad hoc networks. IEEE Comput Soc 37(2):32–39Google Scholar
- 6.Ting Y-W, Chang Y-K (2007) A novel cooperative caching scheme for wireless ad hoc networks: group caching. In: IEEE international conference on networking, architecture, and storageGoogle Scholar
- 7.Chand N, Joshi RC, Manoj M (2011) A cooperative caching strategy in mobile ad hoc networks based on clusters. Int J Mob Comput Multimed Commun 3(3):20–35Google Scholar