Analysis of Methods for Detecting Compromised Nodes and its Countermeasures
The increased application of sensor network introduces new security challenges. In this paper, we analyze the detection methods of compromised nodes and its countermeasure in the sensor network. We first review common attacks in the sensor network application which can compromise a valid, resource-constrained node (or called device). Then, we introduce several standard detection approaches to show their characteristics in different applications of the sensor network. Finally, we summarize and discuss existing countermeasures to the compromised nodes.
KeywordsSensor network Security challenge Detection method Compromised node Countermeasure
This research is partially supported by JAPAN SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY AGENCY (JST), Strategic Japanese-Indian Cooperative Programme on Multidisciplinary Research Field, which combines Information and Communications Technology with Other Fields, entitled “Analysis of Cryptographic Algorithms and Evaluation on Enhancing Network Security Based on Mathematical Science”. This research is also partially supported by Grants-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B) (23300027), Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS).
- 1.Zhao F, Hanatani Y, Komano Y, Smyth B, Ito S, Kambayashi T (2012) Secure authenticated key exchange with revocation for smart grid. In: Proceedings of the third IEEE power and energy society conference on innovative smart grid technologies (ISGT), 2012Google Scholar
- 2.Seshadri A, Perrig A, Doorn L, Khosla P (2004) SWATT: SoftWare-based attestation for embedded devices. In: Proceedings of the IEEE symposium on security and privacy, 2004Google Scholar
- 3.Trusted Computing Group. http://www.trustedcomputinggroup.org
- 4.Shi E, Perrig A, Doorn L (2005) BIND: a fine-grained attestation service for secure distributed systems. In: Proceedings of the 2005 IEEE symposium on security and privacy, 2005Google Scholar
- 5.Chor B, Fiat A, Naor M, Pinkas B (2000) Tracing traitors. IEEE Trans Inf Theory 46(3):893–910Google Scholar
- 6.AACS Specifications (2010) Introduction and Common Cryptographic Elements Book Rev 0.951Google Scholar
- 7.Fiat A, Naor M (1993) Broadcast encryption. In: Proceedings of Crypto 1993. LNCS, vol 773. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, pp 480–49191Google Scholar
- 8.Naor D, Naor M, Lotspiech J (2001) Revocation and tracing schemes for stateless receivers. In: Proceedings of Crypto. LNCS, vol 2139, Springer, Heidelberg, pp 41–62Google Scholar
- 9.NIST SP 800-32 (2001) Introduction to Public Key. Technology and the Federal PKIGoogle Scholar