A Study on the Real-Time Location Tracking Systems Using Passive RFID
The location awareness technology is a core technology to be expanded to include objects from human-oriented informatization, and active support actions have been performed in developed countries such as the United States and Japan to implement the location awareness technology and Real Time Location System (RTLS) tag and antenna technology for real-time location tracking through a variety of projects for years. However, problems have been posed by Global Positioning System (GPS) based on the location awareness technology and active bat system using sound waves in terms of the space and construction costs. In this regard, this study attempted to suggest passive RFIF-based Indoor Positioning System (IPS) for tracking the location of the moving objects (humans and assets) in real time.
KeywordsPassive RFID IPS RTLS GPS Ultrasound Infrared
This work was supported by a grant from Kyonggi university advanced Industrial Security Center of Korea Ministry of Knowledge Economy.
- 1.Baek SK, Park MG, Lee KS (2003) Location tracking of an object in a room using the passive tag of an RFID system. The Korean Railway, p 569Google Scholar
- 2.Song YS, Park SJ (2011) IT convergence location aware technology. The Korea Inst Commun Inf Sci 28(5):5Google Scholar
- 3.Kim SJ, Kim YM (2011) Situation and implications of ATM in Korea and foreign countries. Payment settlement and information technology, 44th edn. pp 76Google Scholar
- 4.Cho YS, Cho SY, Kim BD, Lee SH, Kim JC, Choi WS (2007) Technical trend of indoor/outdoor seamless positioning. ETRI J 22(3):22Google Scholar
- 5.Kim BM, Shim MJ, Lee JE, Choi SH (2007) Ubiquitous sensor network location detection technologies and trends. NIPA 1291:28Google Scholar
- 6.Song TS, Kim TY, Lyou J (2006) Conformance evaluation method by successively applying self-running test mode in active RFID tag. The Inst Electron Eng Korea 31(11A):1160Google Scholar
- 7.Rhee SH, Chun JH, Park JA (2008) Performance improvement in passive tag based RFID reader. The Korea Inst Commun Inf Sci 45(6):807Google Scholar
- 8.Cole PH (2003) Fundamentals in radio frequency identificationGoogle Scholar
- 9.MCRF355/360 Reader Reference Design, Microchip Technology Inc (2001)Google Scholar
- 10.De Vira G, Iannaccone G (2005) Design criteria for the RF section of UHF and microwave passive RFID transponders. IEEE Trans Microw Theory Tech 53(9):2278–2290Google Scholar
- 11.Kim JJ, Son SH, Choi H, Baek YJ (2010) Mobile reader selection for improving precision of location estimation in RTLS. Korean Inst Sci Eng 16(1):45Google Scholar