Attribute-Based Encryption for Commercial Content Distribution
There is growing need for digital content distribution system in the IPTV market so that the content providers can make digital content available to users in a controlled manner. Digital right management technologies allow being able to restrict access to a content giving an access policy so content is available only to fair user. However, such a previous system has some problem in terms of management of user’s access information and computational cost for server. One of solutions to overcome the abovementioned problem is attribute-based encryption scheme providing access control to the encryption system. In this paper, we propose attribute based encryption scheme which is useful in contents distribution for IPTV, DVD and access control in encrypted file systems. Our attribute based encryption scheme allows for AND, OR, threshold and wildcard operations over attribute. Furthermore, our scheme achieves 0(1) pairings for decryption, regardless of any number of attributes.
KeywordsAttribute based encryption Content distribution Digital content Access control
This work was supported by the National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) grant funded by the Korea government (MEST) (No. 2012-0008697).
- 1.Boneh V, Boyen X (2004) Efficient selective-ID secure identity-based encryption without random oracles. In: Eurocrypt’04, Lecture notes in computer science, vol 3027, pp 223–238Google Scholar
- 2.Boneh D, Franklin M (2003) Identity-based encryption from the weil pairing. SIAM J Comput 32(3): 586–615. Earlier version in Crypto’01, Lecture notes in computer science, vol 2139, pp 213–229, 2001Google Scholar
- 3.Goyal V, Pandey O, Sahai A, Waters B (2006) Attribute-based encryption for fine-grained access control of encrypteddata. In: ACM CCS’06, pp 89–98Google Scholar
- 4.Lewko A, Sahai A, Waters B (2010) Revocation systems with very small private keys. In: IEEE symposium on security and privacy (S&P)Google Scholar
- 5.OMA: DRM Specification-OMA-TS-DRM_DRM-V2_1-20081106-A (2008). http://www.openmobilealliance.org/Technical/release_program/drm_v2_1.aspx
- 6.Ostrovsky R, Sahai A, Waters B (2007) Attribute-based encryption with non-monotonic access structures. In: ACMCCS’07, pp 195–203Google Scholar
- 7.Sahai A, Waters B (2005) Fuzzy identity-based encryption. In: Eurocrypt’05, Lecture notes in computer science, vol 3494, pp 457–473Google Scholar
- 8.Okamoto T, Takashima K (2010) Fully secure functional encryption with general relations from the decisional linear assumption. In: CRYPTO’10, Lecture notes in computer science, vol 6223, pp 191–208Google Scholar
- 9.Zhou Z, Huang D (2010) On efficient ciphertext-policy attribute based encryption and broadcast encryption. In: ACM CCS’10Google Scholar