Study for Predict of the Future Software Failure Time Using Nonlinear Regression
Software failure time have been proposed in the literature exhibit either constant, monotonic increasing or monotonic decreasing. For data analysis of software reliability model trend analysis was developed. The methods of trend analysis are arithmetic mean test and Laplace trend test. Trend analysis only offers information of outline content. In this paper, we discuss failure time case of failure time censoring, and predict the future failure time using nonlinear regression models (growth, Logistic and weighted type) which error terms for each other are different. The proposed prediction method used the failure time for the prediction using nonlinear regression model. Model selection, using the coefficient of determination and the mean square error, were presented for effective comparison.
KeywordsSoftware reliability Time censoring Nonlinear regression
Funding for this paper was provided by Namseoul University.
- 4.Kim H-C, Shin H-C (2012) The study for software future forecasting failure time using curve regression analysis. Korea Convergence Secur Assoc 12(3):115–121Google Scholar
- 5.Kim H-C, Park H-K (2009) Exponentiated exponential software reliability growth model. Int J Adv Comput Technol 1(2):57–64Google Scholar
- 6.Kim H-C, Shin H-C (2008) The study for software future forecasting failure time using ARIMA AR(1). Korea Inf Assur Assoc 8(2):36–40Google Scholar
- 7.Kim H-C, Shin H-C (2008) The study for comparative analysis software future time using EWMA control chart. Korea Inf Assur Assoc 8(3):33–39Google Scholar
- 8.Kim H-C, Shin H-C (2011) The study for software future forecasting failure time series analysis. Korea Inf Assur Assoc 11(3):19–24Google Scholar
- 9.Kim H-C (2010) Introduction to regression analysis. Biz-Press, pp 131–137Google Scholar
- 10.Hayakawa Y, Telfar G (2000) Mixed poisson-type processes with application in software reliability. Math Comput Model 31:151–156Google Scholar
- 11.Kanoun K, Laprie JC (1996) Handbook of software reliability engineering. In: Lyu MR (ed) Chapter trend analysis. McGraw-Hill, New York, pp 401–437Google Scholar