Advanced Media Measuring Method Using MPEG-2 Transport Stream for High Quality Broadcasting Management System
IPTV is a system where a digital television service is delivered by using Internet protocol over a network infrastructure, which may include delivery by a broadband connection. This paper proposes advanced FR-based measuring methods between original and processed media while transport streams are delivery from headend system. The proposed measuring scheme uses the brightness and edge of digitized contents blocks per each frame of MPEG-2 transport stream to evaluate contents in realtime. The proposed algorithm is effective video measuring as evidenced in the experimental matching results. The method in this paper performed in a high precision degree.
KeywordsBroadcasting management system Measuring MPEG-2 transport stream
This work has been supported by the research program of Korea Nazarene University, South Korea, 2012. Also, I am very thanks to Prof. Jinsul Kim for his great technical advice.
- 1.ATIS (2007) A framework for QoS metrics and measurements supporting IPTV services. ATIS-0800004Google Scholar
- 2.Hemami S, Masry M (2002) Perceived quality metrics for low bit rate compressed video. In: Proceeding of ICIP, pp 721–724Google Scholar
- 3.Jinsul K, Tae-Won U, Won R, Byung Sun L, Minsoo H (2008) Heterogeneous networks & terminals-aware QoS/QoE-guaranteed mobile IPTV service. IEEE Commun Mag 46(5):740Google Scholar
- 8.Turaga et al D (2002) No reference PSNR estimation for compressed pictures. In: Proceeding of ICIP, pp III.61–III.64Google Scholar
- 9.Girod B () What’s wrong with mean-squared error. In Digital Images and Human Vision, A. B. Watson ed, MIT Press pp 207–220Google Scholar
- 10.Yuchul J, Yoo-mi P, Hyun JB, Byung SL, Jinsul K (2011) Employing collective intelligence for user driven service creation. IEEE Commun Mag 49(1):76–83Google Scholar