App Development for Jeju Spring Water Information Visualization
A new trend, which tries to apply an information technology to the field of an existing or emerging industry, is becoming prevalent with the rapid advent of information technology. This study is closely related with an information technology (IT) fusion research on Jeju spring water, aiming at the management of Jeju water resources and smart appliances app service of Jeju spring water information, combined with IT. Using smart appliances, we provide such information as Jeju spring water location information, the surrounded information, and the information on how to use it. It will help to make people recognize and promote the high-quality of Jeju spring water. We focus on how to apply key features of smart appliances to spring water information visualization and management system. Furthermore, it can be applied as an important reference in the development and management of Jeju spring water.
KeywordsIT fusion Spring water App service Smart appliances Information visualization
The authors would like to thank Sanggon Woo for giving a help in implementing the apps on the Android platform.
- 1.Ministry of Education & Science Technology, Korea Research Foundation: 2009 Future Convergence Technology Forum—Competitive time and our choice through technology convergence (2009)Google Scholar
- 2.Kim, S., Kim, C., Kim, H.: IT Fusion, Naeha Press (2012)Google Scholar
- 3.Kim, S.: The Conquer of Android Programming. Hanbit Media (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Ministry of Knowledge Economy: Project Plan for Fostering a Leading Industry in Jeju Metropolitan Economy Area (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Piao, J., Kim, S., Kim, H.: IT Fusion-based Correlation Analysis between Jeju Regional Rainfall and Groundwater Level, ISSN1876-1100. Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, pp. 549–556 (2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Woo, S., Piao, J., Kim, H., Kim, C., Kim S.: Information Visualization of Water Supply and Groundwater, ISSN1876-1100. Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, pp. 541–548 (2011)Google Scholar
- 7.Android website. http://www.androidside.com
- 8.Oh, C.: Mashup guide using Open API, Acorn Press (2009)Google Scholar