Efficient Mobile Device Management Scheme Using Security Events from Wireless Intrusion Prevention System
In this paper, we present an efficient mobile device management scheme using security events from wireless intrusion prevention system. In this scheme, mobile device management (MDM) system utilizes the wireless security events such as rogue access point connection information, room-level indoor location of the managed device and other WLAN attack information from the wireless intrusion prevention system (WIPS) in its mobile device management. So, it is possible to provide a better way to secure and manage wireless LAN and large-scale deployments of mobile devices.
KeywordsWireless LAN Security Wireless intrusion prevention Mobile device management Security events
“This work was supported by the Broadcasting and Telecommunications R&D Program of Korea Communications Commission (KCC), Korea [12-912-06-002, “Development of the security technology on fast network-security association and real-time intrusion prevention for next generation wireless LAN”]”.
- 1.Mobile Device Management: http://www.gartner.com/it-glossary/mobile-device-management-mdm/, IT Glossary, Gartner (2012)
- 2.Enterprise Mobile Device Management: http://www.air-watch.com/solutions/mobile-device-management, airwatch (2012)
- 3.Rogue Access Point: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rogue_access_point, Wikipedia (2012)
- 4.MAC Spoofing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAC_spoofing, Wikipedia (2012)
- 5.Fang, S.H., Lin, T.N.: Principal component localization in indoor WLAN environments. IEEE Trans. Mob. Comput. 11(1), Jan (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Beyah, R., Venkataraman, A.: Rogue-access-point detection—Challenges, solutions, and future directions. IEEE Comput. Reliab. Soc. IEEE Sep/Oct (2011)Google Scholar
- 7.Franklin, M.J.: Mobile data management—A dozen years later. In: 12th IEEE Conference on Mobile Data Management, Vol. 1, pp. 6–9, Lulea, Sweden (2011)Google Scholar