Toggle Keyboard: Design and Implementation of a New Keyboard Application Based on Android
Smartphones are becoming more advanced and the use of touch input is increasing. Therefore, various keyboards can be implemented in smartphones. Unlike a button input method, a touch input method can have non-fixed keys that can be freely arranged. Many users are thus interested in the touch input method. In this paper, a user keyboard input method based on Android is proposed and implemented. Compared with conventional methods, the proposed method results in a rapid improvement in typing speed.
KeywordsToggle keyboard Android Smartphone
This research was supported by Basic Science Research Program through the National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) funded by the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology (2011-0024052).
- 1.Lim, Y-W., Lim, H.: A design of korean input method using direction of vowel on the touch screen. J. Korea Multimedia Soc. 14(7), 849–963 (2011)Google Scholar
- 2.Kang, SS., Hahn, K-S.: Basic vowel set for hangul input system. Korea Institute of Information Scientists and Engineers Fall Conference Papers, vol. 31, No. 2 (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Cho, K-H., Kim, G-J.: Korean alphabet code input apparatus of compact keyboard. The Korean Intellectual Property Office, A registration number: 1002012110000 (1999)Google Scholar
- 4.Kim, Y-S.: Method for inputting characters by drag. The Korean Intellectual Property Office, A registration number: 1011570840000 (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.Hong, S-C.: Letter input device for touch panel. The Korean Intellectual Property Office, A registration number: 1007905500000 (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Dingul Keyboard: Available Online: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dingulHangul.dingulHangulKeyboard_dinki