Roadside Traffic Sensor Based Location-Aware Service for Road-Users
This paper proposes new roadside sensors technologies for location-aware service to drivers in real-time. Our target service is warning information alarm services in a vehicle about obstacles and pedestrian in dangerous situation for approaching drivers. For this services, we are installed some kind of roadside traffic sensors which have abilities about classification and positioning of road objects, such as a vehicle, a pedestrian, and obstacles in a street. In this paper, we describe the service framework and the results of an implementation at road environment about traffic sensors. This suggested sensing system should help in improved system operation with better road-awareness service, traffic monitoring, detection and development of new methods.
KeywordsADAS Obstacle detection Roadside traffic sensors Road-users Telematics
This work was supported by the Ministry of Knowledge Economy/Korea Research Council for Industrial Science and Technology under the Mega Convergence Core Technology Development project.
- 7.Ahlers, F., Stimming Ch.: Laserscanner based cooperative Pre-data-fusion. In: Proceedings of IEEE in Intelligent Vehicles Symposium, pp. 1187–1190 (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Waltz, E., Llinas, J.: Multisensor Data Fusion Norwood. Artech House, MA (1990)Google Scholar
- 9.Jokela, M., Kutila, M., Laitnen, J., Ahlers, F., Hautiere, N., Schendzielorz, T.: Optical road monitoring of the future smart roads—preliminary results. World Acad Sci Eng Technol 34, 52–57 (2007)Google Scholar
- 11.Kaempchen, N., Dietmayer, K.C.J.: Fusion of Laser scanner and video for advanced driver assistance systems. In: Proceedings of 11th World Congress on Intelligent Transportation Systems, Nagoya, Japan (2004)Google Scholar
- 13.Klein, L.A.: Sensor technologies and data requirements for ITS. Artech House, MA (2001)Google Scholar
- 14.Wender, S., Dietmayer, K.C.J.: A feature level fusion approach for object classification. In: Proceedings of IEEE in Intelligent Vehicles Symposium, Istanbul, Turkey (2007)Google Scholar
- 15.Fod, A., Howard, A., Mataric, M.J.: Laser-based people tracking. In: Proceedings of IEEE Robotics Automations, pp. 3025–3029 (2003)Google Scholar
- 16.Blanco, J., Burgard, W., Sanz, R., Fernandez, J.L.: Fast face detection for mobile robots by integrating laser range data with vision. In: Proceedings of IEEE Robotics (2003)Google Scholar
- 19.Soloviev, A., Miller, M.M.: Navigation in difficult environments: multi-sensor fusion techniques. RTO-EN-SET-116 (2011)Google Scholar
- 20.Cuan, C.h., Gong, J.W., Chen, Y.D., Chen, H.Y.: An application of data fusion combining laser scanner and vision in real-time driving environment recognition system. In: Proceedings of 8th International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernetics, Baoding, 12–15 July (2009)Google Scholar