Social Cooperative Networking Framework Based on UCR Broker
This paper gives insight into framework which consists of inexpensive hardware and software which permits interaction of robots, arbitrary controller devices and Social Web page controllers. Robots are controlled through different kinds of devices and social network web pages. Since communication between robots and controllers goes through UCR Broker, new types of robots or controllers can be added easily using APIs provided by UCR Broker. These features of the framework let build platform where kids cooperate to play games being remote from each other with affordable and inexpensive devices.
KeywordsUCR broker Education on robotics for kids Social network as controller Virtual joystick
This paper was supported by Industrial Source Technology Development Programs funded by the Ministry of Knowledge Economy of Korea.
- 1.Liu, Y., Chen, C., Meng, M.: A study on the teleoperation of robot systems via WWW. Electr. Comput. Eng., 836–840 (2000)Google Scholar
- 2.Sun, Q., Wei, X.: Web-based control system of a mobile manipulator over internet. In: First International Conference on Intelligent Networks and Intelligent Systems, ICINIS’08, 396–399 (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Chen, S., Xie, Y.: Self-positioning via machine vision for web-based tele-operation of pneumatic manipulator, ISA, 1–4 (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Borriello, G., McManus, E.: Interacting with physical devices over web. In: IEEE Microelectronic System Education, 47–48 (1997)Google Scholar
- 5.Hiraishi, H., Ohwada, H., Mizoguchi, F.: Web-based communication and control for multiagent robots. In: Intelligent Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Victoria, Canada, (1998)Google Scholar
- 6.Grange, S., Fong, T., Baur, C.: Effective vehicle teleoperation on the World Wide Web. In: International Conference on Robotics and Automation, San Francisco, CA, (2000)Google Scholar
- 7.Yonekawa, A.: A remote experiment system on robot vehicle control for engineering educations based on World Wide Web. In: Frontier in Education, FIE’05. Proceedings 35th Annual Conference, S3H–24 (2005)Google Scholar
- 8.Park, Y., Cho, Y.S., Yang, S.H., Choi, E., Min, D.: Remote control system for user created robot supporting interoperability between controller and robot. In: International Conference on Control, Automaton and Systems, (2010)Google Scholar