XML-RPC Driven UCR Broker
Broker oriented solution can handle fast and reliable communication issue between robot and controller. A number of users can communicate in a flexible way if they use broker server between each other. In this research XML-RPC driven UCR Broker was introduced as a flexible solution to satisfy reliable and lower latency in robot control. Additionally UCR Broker can provide communication between various protocols such as Bluetooth, ZigBee, UDP and TCP. As a result of this work UCR Common Broker library was designed. Using this library, developers can easily create robotics related applications that provides flexibility and scalability in a communication.
KeywordsBroker UCR (user created robot) Middleware XML-RPC Virtual world API library LSL scripting
This paper was supported by Industrial Source Technology Development Programs funded by the Ministry of Knowledge Economy of Korea.
- 1.Park, I.W., Kim, J.O.: Philosophy and strategy of minimalism-based user created robots (UCRs) for educational robotics—education, technology and business viewpoint. Int. J. Robots, Educ. Art 1(1), 1 (2001)Google Scholar
- 2.Kubota, N., Wakisaka, S., Yorita, A.: Tele-operation of robot partners through iPod touche. In: 4th international symposium on computational intelligent and intelligent informatics (ISCII), Egypt (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Apostolidis, H., Kyropoulou, K., Chaldogerides, A.: Exploiting XML-RPC: A framework for adaptive creation of virtual worlds in second life. In: 14th IEEE international conference on interactive collaborative learning (ICL), Slovakia (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Raj, A., Kumar, P.S.: Branch sequencing based XML message broker architecture. Department of computer science and engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Madras. IEEE, India, (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.G. Glez. de Rivera, R. Ribalda, J. Colás, and J. Garrido (IEEE Member).: A Generic Software Platform for Controlling Collaborative Robotic System using XML-RPC. In: Proceedings of the 2005 IEEE/ASME International Conference on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics Monterey, California, USA, 24–28 July 2005Google Scholar
- 6.Lego Mindstorm NXT, Lego, http://mindstorms.lego.com/
- 7.Parallax basic stamp, Parallax, http://www.parallax.com/tabid/295/Default.aspx
- 8.Robix robotics, Robix, http://www.robix.com
- 9.Robotis OLLO, robotis, http://www.robotis-shop-en.com/shop/step1.php?number=708
- 10.Robotis BIOLOID, robotis, http://www.robotis.com/zbxe/bioloid_en
- 11.RoboRobo education robo kit, roborobo, http://roborobo.co.kr/category/category.php?no=25&id=home
- 12.Park, Y., Cho, Y.S., Yang, S.H., Choi, E., Min, D.: Remote control system for user created robot supporting interoperability between controller and robot. In: International conference on control, automaton and systems (2010)Google Scholar