Analysis of Transmission Rate Using Zigbee Routing Protocol for u-Health
As aging population is increasing, the demand of medical systems for elder and chronic disease is also increasing. Recently ubiquitous health which is based wireless communication is being researched. Ubiquitous health is required a stability and durability for vital-sign transmission and monitoring. Ubiquitous Sensor Network (USN) ensures stable ubiquitous health environment. The network is the most important technique for implementation of efficient u-Health. We consider zigbee-based various topologies in order to build efficient network for u-Health system. We present transmission rate for each topology.
KeywordsECG Zigbee u-Health USN Routing Topology
This research was financially supported by the Ministry of Education, Science Technology (MEST) and National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) through the Human Resource Training Project for Regional Innovation.
This research was supported by the MKE (The Ministry of Knowledge Economy), Korea, under the CITRC (Convergence Information Technology Research Center) support program (NIPA-2012-C6150-1202-0011) supervised by the NIPA (National IT Industry Promotion Agency).
- 2.Krco, S., Cleary, D., Parker, D.: Enabling ubiquitous sensornetworking over mobile networks through peer-to-peer overlay networking. Comput. Commun. 28(13), 1586–1601 (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Akyildiz, I.F., Su, W., Sankarasubramaniam, Y., Cayirci, E.: Wireless sensor networks: a survey. Comput. Netw. 38(4), 393–422 (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Rubel, P., Fayn, J., Nollo, G., Assanelli, D., Li, B., Restier, L., Adami, S., Arod, S., Atoui, H., Ohlsson, M., Simon-Chautemps, L., Télisson, D., Malossi, C., Ziliani, G.-L., Galassi, A., Edenbrandt, L., Chevalier, P.: Toward personal eHealth in cardiology. Results from the EPI- MEDICS telemedicine project. J. Electrocardiol. 38(4), 100–106 (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Baronti, P., Pillai, P., Chook, V.W.C., Chessa, S., Gotta, A., Hu, YF.: Wireless sensor networks: A survey on the state of the art and the 802.15.4 and ZigBee standards. Comput. Commun. 30(7), 1655–1695 (2007) Google Scholar
- 9.Suh, C., Mir, ZH., Ko, YB.: Design and implementation of enhanced IEEE 802.15. 4 for supporting multimedia service in wireless sensor networks. Comput. Netw. 52(13), 2568–2581 (2008)Google Scholar
- 10.Clarke, M., Bogia, D.: Developing a standard for personal health devices based on 11073. In: International conference of the IEEE EMBS, Lyon (2007)Google Scholar