Visual Analysis of Portable Computer Forensic Data
From the portable computer forensic data represented in a tabular form with the same pattern, it is not easy to find out features about user behaviors or draw relationships between data. Especially, it is almost impossible to detect the meaningful forensic evidences from the collected tabular-form data when large amounts of data are acquired and multiple data are needed to be analyzed at the same time. In this paper, we propose intuitive and visual analysis of forensic events using a graphic element not a tabular form to represent efficiently and meaningfully the collected portable forensic data.
KeywordsVisualization Forensic data Portable computer forensic
This work was supported by the IT R&D program of MIC/KEIT [10035157, Development of Digital Forensic Technologies for Real-Time Analysis].
- 2.Vlastos, E., Patel, A.: An open source forensic tool to visualize digital evidence. J. Comput. Stand. Interfaces Arch. 30(1–2), 8–19 (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Osborne, G., Turnbull, B.: Enhancing computer forensics investigation through visualization and data exploitation. In: 2009 International Conference on Availability, Reliability and Security, pp. 1012–1017 (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Heer, J., Agrawala, M.: Design considerations for collaborative visual. Inf Vis 7(1), 49–62 Spring (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Mazza, R.: Introduction to Information Visualization. Springer Science + Business Media, New York (2009)Google Scholar
- 8.Marty, R.: Applied Security Visualization. Addison-Wesley Pearson, Boston (2008)Google Scholar