Dynamic Distributed PMIPv6 for Distributed Mobility Management
Traditional mobility management architectures are a centralized structure which has several problems and limitations, such as a single point of failure, scalability problem, triangle routing, and tunneling overhead thereby node which is fixed or in idle mode. Distributed Mobility Management (DMM) focuses on solving those problems caused by centralized mobility management. There are several PMIP-based schemes for DMM proposed in IETF DMM WG. However, they do not satisfy all key requirements of DMM. In this paper, we propose a new DMM scheme, Dynamic Distributed PMIPv6 (DYD-PMIP), which satisfies all key requirements and additionally supports routing optimization with the help of new procedures and messages about ongoing sessions or new sessions. We compare with other DMM schemes based on PMIP.
KeywordsDistributed mobility management PMIPv6 Dynamic mobility
This research was supported by IT R&D support program of KCA (KCA-10913-05004).
- 1.D. Johnson, et al., "Mobility Support in IPv6", IETF RFC 3775, June 2004.Google Scholar
- 2.S. Gundavelli, Ed, et al., "Proxy Mobile IPv6", IETF RFC 5213, August 2008.Google Scholar
- 3.H. Yokota, et al., "Use case scenarios for Distributed Mobility Management", IETF Internet-Draft, October 2010.Google Scholar
- 4.H. Chan (Ed.), et al., "Problem statement for distributed and dynamic mobility management", IETF Internet-Draft, October 2011.Google Scholar
- 5.H Anthony Chan, et al., "Distributed and Dynamic Mobility Management in Mobile Internet: Current Approaches and Issues", Journal of, Communications, 6(1), February 2011.Google Scholar
- 6.Heeyoung Jung, et al., "Distributed Mobility Control in Proxy Mobile IPv6 Networks", IEICE TRANS. COMMUN., VOL.E94-B, NO.8 August 2011.Google Scholar
- 7.Chan, H., et al.: Distributed Local Mobility Anchors. IETF NETEXT Internet-Draft, March (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Seite, P., et al.: Dynamic Mobility Anchoring. IETF NETEXT Internet-Draft, May (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.Kruntz, R., et al.: A Summary of Distributed Mobility Management. IETF Internet-Draft, August (2011)Google Scholar
- 10.R. Hinden, et al., "An IPv6 Aggregatable Global Unicast Address Format", IETF RFC 2374, July 1998.Google Scholar