Clustering Method Using Item Preference Based on RFM for Recommendation System in U-Commerce
This paper proposes a new method using clustering of item preference based on Recency, Frequency, Monetary (RFM) for recommendation system in u-commerce under fixed mobile convergence service environment which is required by real time accessibility and agility. In this paper, using an implicit method without onerous question and answer to the users, not used user’s profile for rating to reduce customers’ search effort, it is necessary for us to keep the scoring of RFM to be able to reflect the attributes of the item and clustering in order to improve the accuracy of recommendation with high purchasability. To verify improved better performance of proposing system than the previous systems, we carry out the experiments in the same dataset collected in a cosmetic internet shopping mall.
KeywordsRFM Collaborative filtering Clustering
This work (1) was supported by the National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) grant funded by the Korea government (MEST) (No. 2012-0000478) and this paper (2) was supported by funding of Namseoul University.
- 1.Cho, Y.S., Heo, M.H., Ryu, K.H.: Implementation of personalized recommendation system using RFM method in mobile internet environment. KSCI, vol. 13th-2, pp. 1–5 Mar 2008Google Scholar
- 2.Cho, Y.S., Ryu, K.H.: Implementation of personalized recommendation system using demographic data and RFM method in e-commerce. In: 2008 IEEE International Conference on Management of Innovation and Technology Publication (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Woon, J.B., Cho, Y.S., Ryu, K.H.: Personalized e-commerce recommendation system using RFM method and association rules. KSCI, vol. 15th-12, pp. 227–235 Dec 2010Google Scholar
- 4.Cho, Y.S., Jeong, S., Ryu, K.H.: Implementation of personalized u-commerce recommendation system using preference of item category based on RFM. In: the 6th International Conference on Ubiquitous Information Technologies and Applications, pp. 109–114 (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Cho, Y.S., Ryu K.H.: Personalized recommendation system using FP-tree mining based on RFM. KSCI, vol. 17th-2, Feb 2012Google Scholar
- 6.Cho, Y.S., Chul, M.S., Noh, S.C., Ryu K.H.: Implementation of personalized recommendation system using k-means clustering of item category based on RFM. In: 2012 IEEE International Conference on Management of Innovation and Technology Publication, June 2012Google Scholar
- 7.Collier, K., Carey, B., Grusy, E., Marjaniemi, C., Sautter, D.: A Perspective on Data Mining. Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff (1998)Google Scholar
- 8.Hand, D., Mannila, H., Smyth, P.: Principles of Data Mining. The MIT Press, Cambridge (2001)Google Scholar
- 9.Hastie, T., Tibshirani, R., Friedman, J.: The Elements of Statistical Learning—Data Mining, Inference, and Prediction. Springer, New York (2001)Google Scholar
- 10.Herlocker, J.L., Kosran, J.A., Borchers, Al., Riedl, J.: An algorithm framework for performing collaborative filtering. In: Proceedings of the 1999 Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrival (1999)Google Scholar