An Optimal Model of Adding Relation Between the Top and a Member of a Linking Pin Organization Structure with K Subordinates
This study considers the addition of relation to an organization structure such that the communication of information between every member in the organization becomes the most efficient. This paper proposes a model of adding relation to a linking pin organization structure where every pair of siblings in a complete K-ary tree of height H is adjacent. When a new edge between the root and a node with a depth N is added, an optimal depth N * is obtained by minimizing the total distance which is the sum of lengths of shortest paths between every pair of all nodes.
KeywordsComplete K-ary tree Linking pin Organization structure Pyramid organization Shortest path Total distance
- 1.Koontz H, O’Donnell C, Weihrich H (1980) Management, 7th edn. McGraw-Hill, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 2.Likert R, Likert JG (1976) New ways of managing conflict. McGraw-Hill, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 3.Robbins SP (2003) Essentials of organizational behavior, 7th edn. Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle RiverGoogle Scholar
- 7.Cormen TH, Leiserson CE, Rivest RL, Stein C (2001) Introduction to algorithms, 2nd edn. MIT Press, CambridgeGoogle Scholar
- 8.Sawada K, Kawakatsu H, Mitsuishi T (2012) A model of adding relation between the top and a member of a linking pin organization structure with K subordinates. In: Proceedings of the international multiconference of engineers and computer scientists 2012, IMECS 2012. Lecture notes in engineering and computer science. Hong Kong, 14–16 Mar 2012, pp 1598–1601Google Scholar