An Algorithm of Users Access Patterns Mining Based on Video Recommendation
Due to the substantial growth of IPTV video users, the weak characteristics of terminal "Set-Top-Box + TV" lead to a great difficulty for users to search required videos, and effective recommendation has an important influence on improving VOD quality. In this paper, the Forecast algorithm is proposed, which is based on the sequential pattern method, consider timeliness features of the videos, convert user watch history into relative access value, then do personalized recommendation. It has strong response speed, can basically meet the needs of real-time video recommendation on IPTV. The algorithm is easy to understand, has good recommend result.
KeywordsRecommend on video Sequence Access mode Data mining
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Gadanho, S.C., Lhuillier, N.: Addressing Uncertainty in Implicit Preferences. In: Proc. of the ACM Conference on Recommender Systems, pp. 97–104 (2007)Google Scholar
- 2.Yu, H., Huang, X., Hu, X., Wan, C.: Knowledge Management in E-commerce:A Data Mining Perspective. In: International Conference on Management of e-Commerce and e-Government, pp. 152–155 (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Cui, W., Wu, S., Zhang, Y., Chen, L.-C.: Algorithm of mining sequential patterns for web personalization services. In: ACM SIGMIS, pp. 57–66 (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Shah, K.D., Mahajan, S.: A new efficient formulation for frequent item-set generation. In: Proceedings of the International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communication and Control, pp. 198–201 (2009)Google Scholar
- 5.Han, J., Kamber, M.: Data Mining: Concepts and Techniques, p. 251. China Machine Press, Beijing (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Li, H., Zhang, D., Hu, J., Zeng, H.-J., Chen, Z.: Finding keyword from online broadcasting content for targeted advertising. In: ADKDD, pp. 55–62 (2007)Google Scholar