A Novel Service Oriented Architecture Combined with Cloud Computing Based on R-OSGi
Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) is a hot topic of software development and systems integration industry because the concept of reuse and flexibility. OSGi(Open Service Gateway Initiative) is a great framework to implement SOA, and the advanced OSGi-“R-OSGi” can declare its service as the remote type, and then other R-OSGi can share service between different machines. Although R-OSGi can share its service to other machine, there is no centralized architecture to play the role as Service Registry. In this paper, we propose a novel architecture to solve this problem based on R-OSGi, which we combined the cloud computing to our architecture to help the low-end computer to compute large amount of data.
KeywordsDistribution Systems R-OSGi Service Oriented Architecture Embedded System Cloud
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Erl, T.: Service-Oriented Architecture: Concepts, Technology, and Desgin. Prentice Hall (2005)Google Scholar
- 2.OSGi Alliance, http://www.osgi.org/
- 3.Maven-R-OSGi-transparent OSGi remote extension for distributed services, http://r-osgi.sourceforge.net/
- 4.Rellemever, J.S., Alonso, G., Roscoe, T.: R-OSGi: Distributed Applica-tions Through Sofrware Modularization. In: Proceedings of the ACM/IFIP/USENIX 8th International Middleware Conference (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Liu, J., Lv, Y., Zhang, L., Wang, N., Fu, Q., Wang, D., Chen, Y.: Flexible, plug-and-play network middleware against network instability with R-OSGi. In: International Conference Pervasive Computing and Applications, ICPCA (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Wang, D., Huang, L., Wu, J., Xu, X.: Dynamic Software Upgrading for Distrubuted System Based on R-OSGi. In: 2008 International Conference on Computer Science and Software Engineering, CSSE, vol. 3, pp. 227–231 (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Zhang, L., Rao, R.: Trust Based Access Control Framework for R-OSGi. In: 2nd International Workshop on Databease Technology and Applications, DBTA (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Feng, Z.T., Huang, L.P.: R-Binder: Application of Using Service Binder in R-OSGi. In: Proceeding of the 2008 International Symposium on Computer Science and Computational Technology (ISCSCT 2008), vol. 2, pp. 34–39. IEEE Computer Society, Washinton, DC (2008)Google Scholar
- 9.Lai, C.-F., Chen, M., Vasilakos, A., Huang, Y.-M.: Extending the DLNA-based Multimedia Sharing System to P2P Network on OSGi Framewirks. In: IEEE GlobeCom 2010 (2010)Google Scholar