Distributed Media Conversion System over Cloud Environment
Due to the technological advances and innovation, Cloud Computing has become the future Internet trend. Users can use Internet services anytime and anywhere through the Cloud virtualization framework and the rapid development of mobile devices. Especially in 3G even 4G-related technologies evolution, the increasing bandwidth makes the media service becomes a popular service. However, due to the heterogeneity of mobile devices, supporting all kinds of media transmission format for a single device is impractical. Even we can install file conversion program in a device to solve this problem, but it would cause additional power consumption and time wasting. In order to solve this problem smoothly, we propose a Distributed Media Conversion System (DMCS) over Cloud Environment. DMCS is based on MapReduce frameworks to conduct distributed media Conversion. With the help of DMCS, we can adjust the multimedia transmission format based on user terminal devices for decreasing energy consumption and assuring media service quality.
KeywordsCloud Computing MapReduce Hadoop Media Conversion
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.National Institute of Science and Technology, The NIST Definition of Cloud Computing (July 2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Chen, C.-Y., Chao, H.-C., Wu, T.-Y., Fan, C.-I., Chen, J.-L., Chen, Y.-S., Hsu, J.-M.: IoT-IMS Communication Platform for Future Internet. International Journal of Adaptive, Resilient and Autonomic Systems (IJARAS) 2(4), 73–93 (2011)Google Scholar
- 7.Zhao, G.-S., Rong, C.-M., Liu, J.-L., Liu, H., Zhang, F., Ye, X.-P., Tang, N., Tang, Y.: Modeling User Growth for Cloud Scalability and Availability. Journal of Internet Technology 11(3), 395–405 (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Jiang, J., Wu, Y., Huang, X., Yang, G., Zheng, W.: Online Video Playing on Smartphones: A Context-Aware Approach Based on Cloud Computing. Journal of Internet Technology 11(6), 821–828 (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.Google Cluster Data, http://googleresearch.blogspot.com/2010/01/google-cluster-data.html