Personalized Application Recommendations Based on Application Usage and Location
The purpose of this study is to recommend proper applications to users when they need them based on personal situations and common application usages. We propose application recommendation based on the frequency of an application usage and a location. Application usages and locations are gathered from users’ devices and analyzed them at a personal cloud server. Personalized applications can be recommended based on a user’s context. In addition, generalized applications can be recommended based on other people’ experiences. The application usages should be calculated by the number of application execution by some period. It is important to decide the period. Also, more effective algorithms should be developed.
KeywordsPersonal Cloud Service Application Recommendation Application Usage Location
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Lee, H., Choi, Y., Kim, Y.: An Adaptive User Interface based on Spatiotemporal Structure Learning. In: 2011 IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference, CCNC (2011)Google Scholar
- 2.Grønli, T.-M., Hansen, J., Ghinea, G.: Integrated Context-Aware and Cloud-Based Adaptive Home Screens for Android Phones. In: Jacko, J.A. (ed.) Human-Computer Interaction, Part II, HCII 2011. LNCS, vol. 6762, pp. 427–435. Springer, Heidelberg (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Google Mobile: Android basics: Getting to know the Home screen (2010), http://www.google.com/support/mobile/bin/answer.py?answer=168445#1149468 (last visited October 5, 2010)
- 4.Göker, A., Watt, S., Myrhaug, H.I., Whitehead, N., Yakici, M., Bierig, R., Nuti, S.K., Cumming, H.: An ambient, personalised, and context-sensitive information system for mobile users. In: Proceedings of the 2nd European Union Symposium on Ambient Intelligence, pp. 19–24. ACM, Eindhoven (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.T-Strore Market, http://www.tstore.co.kr (retrieved March 10, 2012)
- 6.Personal Cloud Computing Project, http://pcc.sktelecom.com (retrieved March 10, 2012)