Method and System for Measuring the Performance Based on the WIFI in Smart Media
The study developed a Wi-Fi performance measurement (measurement of download and upload speeds, delay time, and the Web page loading speed) system and measurement software for smart phones. The measuring of Wi-Fi performance in smart phones is important not only upload and download speeds, but also a loading speed of Web pages for end users; hence, the study included a method for measuring a Web page loading speed as well as its procedures. We expect the study result will provide detailed criteria for quality management, e.g. a quality index and criteria about the Wi-Fi service on the smart phone platform in order to be utilized as an objective standard for service development of operators, and service quality in operation and user environment. In addition, the study will be able to organize a fair, objective, and quality-improved environment by building trustworthy quality measurement S/W and systems, including quality-related policy support and conditions, such as smart phone-based SLA (Service Level Agreement).
KeywordsWIFI smart phone Measuring
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kim, D.: Everything on the Wireless Network (WIFI). Midasbook Inc. (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.ITU-R Rec. BT.500-11, Methodology for the Subjective Assessment of the Quality of Television Pictures, ITU-R (December 2002)Google Scholar
- 4.ITU-T Rec. P.910, Subjective video quality assessment methods for multimedia applications, ITU-T (September 1999)Google Scholar
- 6.Kim, H., Choi, S.: A Study on a QoS/QoE Correlation Model for QoE Evaluation on IPTV Service. In: IEEE ICACT (February 2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Dai, Q., Lehnert, R.: Impact of Packet Loss on the Perceived Video Quality. In: IEEE INTERNET (September 2010)Google Scholar
- 8.ITU-T J.143 User Requirements for Objective Perceptual Video Quality Measurements in Digital Cable Television Series J: Transmission of Television, Sound Programme and Other Multimedia Signals Measurement of the Quality of Service (May 2000)Google Scholar
- 9.Yamagishi, K., Hayashi, T.: Parametric Packet-Layer Model for Monitoring Video Quality of IPTV Services. In: IEEE ICC 2008 (May 2008)Google Scholar
- 10.Hurricane WAN Emulation & Network Simulation, Packet Storm Communications, Inc. (2008)Google Scholar