Quality Measure Method for IPTV Subscriber Unit
This paper proposes a system for measuring the quality of the services received by the subscriber in a network environment providing IPTV services, and a method of measuring quality using this system. According to the proposed method, the quality measurement device is connected to the front end of the set-top box (STB) of the IPTV service subscriber. The improved performance of the IPTV services was evaluated by analyzing the actually transmitted IPTV data, estimating the quality of experience (QoE) of the videos, and deducing the quality measurements.
KeywordsIPTV STB QoS QoE
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.ITU-T FG IPTV-C-0184, Quality of experience Requirements for IPTV Services (December 2007) Google Scholar
- 2.ITU-T FG IPTV-DOC-0147, IPTV Service Requirements (October 2007)Google Scholar
- 3.ITU-T FG IPTV-DOC-0187, Performance monitoring for IPTV (December 2007)Google Scholar
- 4.ATIS-0800004 A Framework for QoS Metrics and Measurements Supporting IPTV Services (December 2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Multimedia Research Group IPTV Video Quality: QoS & QoE (Quarterly Technology & Content Report- February 2007)Google Scholar
- 6.TMF506 v1.5, Service Quality Management Business AgreementGoogle Scholar
- 7.ITU-T Recommendation I.350 General aspects of quality of service and network performance in digital networks, including ISDNs (March 1993)Google Scholar
- 8.ITU-T Recommendation Y.1541 Network Performance Objectives for IP-Based Services (February 2003)Google Scholar
- 9.ITU-T Recommendation Y.1543 Measurements in IP networks for inter-domain performance assessment (November 2007)Google Scholar
- 10.ITU-T FG IPTV-C-0411, IPTV QoS/QoE Metrics (January 2007)Google Scholar