Mini-FM Transmitter with a Built-In Antenna and a Built-In Storage Battery
This paper proposes the low-power miniaturized FM transmitter with a built-in antenna for robust short range communications. Recently, short-range wireless communication systems in mobile applications have been researched extensively, and the FM transmitter is one of the most important blocks in the short-range wireless communication systems. The proposed FM transmitter uses FM radio waves to transmit sounds from a mobile system (MP3, PMP, PDA, MP3 Phone et.) to radio or stereo systems within a short distance from the mobile system. The size of the proposed transmitter is 2.6 cm x 2.6 cm x 2.6 cm. The operating voltage of the transmitter is 3.7 V. The proposed system deploys a built-in storage battery and can be operated continuously for 7 hours after fully charging the battery. The transmission frequency of the proposed transmitter is selected as one of three frequencies (88.1 MHz, 88.3 MHz, or 88.5 MHz) depending on utility condition, and the channel separation ability is 40 dB.
KeywordsFM transmitter Built-in antenna Built-in storage battery Short-range wireless communication
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yambem, L., Yapici, M., Zou, J.: Smart configurable wireless sensors and actuators for industrial monitoring and control. In: IEEE Sensors Conference 2007, pp. 28–31 (2007)Google Scholar
- 2.Madni, A.M.: Development of a Universal Wireless Sensor System for Automated Environmental Event Monitoring. In: 3rd International Symposium on Communications, Control and Signal Processing, ISCCSP 2008, pp. 12–14 (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Lebold, M.S., Murphy, B., Boylan, D., Reichard, K.: Wireless Technology Study and the Use of Smart Sensors for Intelligent Control and Automation. In: IEEE Aerospace Conference, pp. 1–15 (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Park, J.H., Park, M.K.: Automatic summarization of MP3 music objects. In: AL-PIT 2008, pp. 23–25 (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Liu, C.C., Yao, P.C.: Implementation of Mobile Multimedia Audio System Using PCM. In: IEEE ICASSP 2004, pp. 921–924 (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Edquist, C.: Internet and Mobile Telecommunications System of Innovation. Edward Elgar Pub. (2003)Google Scholar
- 9.Agrawal, D., Zeng, Q.A.: Introduction to Wireless and Mobile Systems 2/e. Thomson Learning (2005)Google Scholar