Integration of Bio-sensing with Information and Communication to Provide Improved Health-Care Services
This paper demonstrates the use of remote monitoring and processing to fine tune the measurements taken from the medical sensing devices. We demonstrated this with the help of use case related to glucose monitoring, however this method could be extended to other devices as well. Based on the technical requirement of signal transmission, the analysis for various communication protocols to provide these services is also investigated. A novel data mining technique is used to process the signals taken from the patient on the server side to improve the accuracy. Overall, the feasibility of the improved accuracy is experimented and demonstrated at the end. This paper exhibits the end-to-end solution for the given use case.
KeywordsBAN Bio-sensing Signal Processing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.IEEE 802.15 WPANTM Task Group 6 (TG6) Body Area Networks, http://www.ieee802.org/15/pub/TG6.html
- 3.Hayn, D., Jammerbund, B., Kollmann, A., Schreier, G.: A Biosignal Analysis System Applied for Developing an Algorithm Predicting Critical Situations of High Risk Cardiac Patients by Hemodynamic Monitoring. In: Computers in Cardiology, USA, pp. 623–632 (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Biosignal Processing and Knowledge-Based Systems, http://www.ait.ac.at/research-services/research-services-safety-security/ehealth-ambient-assisted-living-aal/biosignal-processing-and-knowledge-based-systems/?L=1
- 7.Huynh, H.T., Kim, J.J., Won, Y.: Non-linear estimation methods for hematocrit density based on changing pattern of transduced anodic current curve. Wseas. Trans. Inf. Sci. App. 5, 1541–1550 (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Howitt, I., Gutierrez, J.A.: IEEE802.15.4 low rate-wireless personal area network coexistence issues. Wireless Communications and Networking 3, 1481–1486 (2003)Google Scholar
- 9.ZigBee Standards Overview, http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/overview.jsp?nodeId=01J4Fs25657725
- 10.Kushalnagar, N., Montenegro, G., Schumacher, C.: rfc4919 - 6LoWPANs (2007)Google Scholar
- 11.Kwak, K.S., Ullah, S., Ullah, N.: An Overview of IEEE 802.15.6 Standard. In: Proceedings of the ISABEL, Italy, pp. 1–6 (2010)Google Scholar
- 12.Shnayder, V., Chen, B., Lorincz, K., Fulford-Jones, T.R.F., Welsh, M.: Sensor Networks for Medical Care, In: Technical Report TR-08-05, Division of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Harvard University (2005)Google Scholar