A Mobile Device Group Based Fault Tolerance Scheduling Algorithm in Mobile Grid
The mobile grid is a kind of grid computing that incorporates mobile devices into the infrastructure. Although mobile devices are typically more resource-constrained than static devices, it has potential to be used as grid resources because of its unique functionality such as location-awareness. In this paper, we propose a group-based fault tolerance scheduling algorithm that aims to improve utilization of resources and reliability of task execution in mobile grid through scheduling groups and fault tolerance algorithm. The experimental results showed that the group-based scheduling algorithm with replication is superior to the group-based scheduling algorithm without fault tolerance and the group-based scheduling algorithm with checkpointing.
Keywordsmobile grid scheduling algorithm fault tolerance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Lee, J., Choi, S., Suh, T., Yu, H.: Mobility-aware balanced scheduling algorithm in mobile grid based on mobile agent. The Knowledge Engineering Review (accepted for publication)Google Scholar
- 2.Lee, J., Choi, S., Gil, J., Suh, T., Yu, H.: A scheduling algorithm with dynamic properties in mobile grid. Information (submitted for publication)Google Scholar
- 3.Park, S.M., Ko, Y.B., Kim, J.H.: Disconnected operation service in mobile grid computing. In: Proceedings of the International Conference on Service Oriented Computing, pp. 499–513. Springer (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Lee, J., Choi, S., Lim, J., Suh, T., Gil, J., Yu, H.: Mobile Grid System Based on Mobile Agent. In: Kim, T.-h., Yau, S.S., Gervasi, O., Kang, B.-H., Stoica, A., Ślęzak, D. (eds.) GDC and CA 2010. Communications in Computer and Information Science, vol. 121, pp. 117–126. Springer, Heidelberg (2010)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 9.Ren, X., Eigenmann, R., Bagchi, S.: Failure-aware checkpointing in fine-grained cycle sharing systems (2007)Google Scholar
- 10.Casanova, H., Legrand, A., Quinson, M.: SimGrid: a Generic Framework for Large-Scale Distributed Experiments. In: 10th IEEE International Conference on Computer Modeling and Simulation (2008)Google Scholar
- 11.A Community Resource for Archiving Wireless Data At Dartmouth, http://crawdad.cs.dartmouth.edu/dartmouth/campus/syslog/05_06
- 16.Tanenbaum, A.S., Steen, M.V.: Distributed systems: Principles and Paradigms. Prentice-Hall (2006)Google Scholar