Concept for the Construction of High Security Environment in Public Authority Cloud
The economical pressure decreases budgets in the public sector which in turn increases the pressure for developing novel innovations to ensure adequate computational capabilities and resources in every operative scenario. Total costs of ownership prevent the construction of datacenters which are capable enough when the requirements for computational capabilities are greatest. In this paper, we propose a concept for the evaluation, standardization and deployment of cloud environments and public networks in order to dynamically extend the high security public cloud environment.
KeywordsHigh Security Network Cloud computing Public Authority
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Armbrust, M., Fox, A., Griffith, R., Joseph, A., Katz, R., Konwinski, A., Lee, G., Patterson, D., Rabkin, A., Stoica, I., Zahar, M.: Above the Clouds: A Berkeley View of Cloud Computing. UC Berkeley Reliable Adaptive Distributed Systems Laboratory (February 10, 2009)Google Scholar
- 2.Zaerens, K.: Gaining the Profits of Cloud Computing in a Public Authority Environment. Int. J. Computational Science and Engineering, IJCSE (2012); Special Issue on Advanced Challenges and Research Trends in Cloud and Grid InteroperabilityGoogle Scholar
- 4.Finnish Ministry of Finance: Hallinnon Turvallisuusverkkohanke TUVE (Security network program for administration), http://www.vm.fi/vm/fi/05_hankkeet/024_tuve/index.jsp
- 5.NDB, LLP: Statement on Auditing Standards No. 70 (SAS 70), http://www.sas70.us.com/what-is/what-is-sas70.php
- 6.Mell, P., Grance, T.: The NIST definition of cloud computing, National Institute of Standards and Technology, NIST SP - 800-145.gg (September 28, 2011)Google Scholar
- 7.Bisong, A., Rahman, S.: An Overview of the Security Concerns in Enterprise Cloud Computing. International Journal of Network Security & Its Applications (IJNSA) 3(1) (January 2011)Google Scholar
- 8.Rochwerger, B., Breitgand, D., Levy, E., Galis, A., Nagin, K., Llorente, I., Montero, R., Wolfsthal, Y., Elmroth, E., Caceres, J., Ben-Yehuda, M., Emmerich, W., Galan, F.: The Reservoir model and architecture for open federated cloud computing. IBM Journal of Research and Development 53(4), 1–11 (2009)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 9.Hwang, K., Kulkareni, S.: Cloud Security with Virtualized Defense and Reputation-Based Trust Mangement. In: Dependable, Autonomic and Secure Computing, DASC 2009, pp. 717–722 (December 2009)Google Scholar