Security Architecture of Inter VTS Exchange Format Protocol for Secure u-Navigation
VTS is an important marine traffic monitoring system which is designed to improve the safety and efficiency of navigation and the protection of the marine environment. And the demand of Inter-VTS networking has been increased for realization of e-Navigation as shore side collaboration for maritime safety. And IVEF for Inter-VTS network has become a hot research topic of VTS system. There has been lots of security requirements of IVEF and Inter-VTS network to prevent hacking of sensitive maritime surveillance information caused accident such as vessel, human life and environment. This paper aims to design of a secure inter-VTS network security structure and security protocol based on sharing of sensitive maritime data. The proposed architecture provides secure mechanism and also provides secure information sharing for aids to navigation.
KeywordsVTS Inter-VTS IVEF Navigation security
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Arifin, B., Ross, E., Brodsky, Y.: Data security in a ship detection and Identification system. In: IEEE RAST 2011, pp. 634–636 (2011)Google Scholar
- 2.Carter, B., Green, S., Leeman, R., Chaulk, N.: SmartBay:Better Information - Better Decisions. In: IEEE OCEANS 2008, pp. 1–7 (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Frejlichowski, D., Lisaj, A.: Analysis of lossless radar images compression for navigation in marine traffic and remote transmission. In: IEEE Radar Conference, pp. 1–4 (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Garnier, B., Andritsos, F.: A Port Waterside Security Systemic Analysis. In: IEEE WSS Conference 2010, pp. 1–6 (2010)Google Scholar
- 12.Park, N.: Secure Data Access Control Scheme Using Type-Based Re-encryption in Cloud Environment. In: Katarzyniak, R., Chiu, T.-F., Hong, C.-F., Nguyen, N.T. (eds.) Semantic Methods for Knowledge Management and Communication. SCI, vol. 381, pp. 319–327. Springer, Heidelberg (2011)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 14.Park, N.: The Implementation of Open Embedded S/W Platform for Secure Mobile RFID Reader. The Journal of Korea Information and Communications Society 35(5), 785–793 (2010)Google Scholar