Position-Based Tile Generation for Colored Paper Mosaic Rendering
According to the growth of mobile devices and it’s contents market, many human-friendly image generation methods are implemented on mobile devices. Although previous studies on colored paper mosaic rendering provide human-friendly results by simulating a colored paper mosaic, computing time must be improved for applications of colored paper mosaic. In this paper, we propose a method that generates tiles based on their position for fast generation of high quality colored paper mosaic. We locate tiles by considering edges of the image and shapes of neighbor tiles. The shape of the tiles is determined based on the position of each tile. Proposed method generates a colored paper mosaic much faster than previous method.
KeywordsNon-photorealistic rendering Image stylization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Seo, S., Ryoo, S., Park, J.: Interactive painterly rendering with artistic error correction. Multimedia Tools and Applications (2011), doi:10.1007/s11042-011-0796-zGoogle Scholar
- 3.Lee, H., Seo, S., Ryoo, S., Yoon, K.: Various artistic effects generation from reference image. Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, vol. 107(1), pp. 679–685 (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Kang, D., Seo, S., Ryoo, S., Yoon, K.: A photomosaic image generation on smartphone. Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, vol. 107(1), pp. 687–693 (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Seo, S., Kim, S., Park, Y., Yoon, K.: Color paper mosaic rendering. In: Proc. of the SIGGRAPH 2001 Sketches and Applications, p. 157 (2001)Google Scholar
- 6.Gi, Y., Park, Y., Seo, S., Yoon, K.: Mosaic Rendering using Colored Paper. In: Proceedings of the 7th International Symposium on Virtual Reality, Archaeology and Cultural Heritage, pp. 25–30. VAST (2006)Google Scholar