Design and Implementation Issues for Expanding Information in a Service (NTIS)
National Science & Technology Information Service(NTIS) established a system that collect, manage and service the information of national Research and Development(R&D) program in Korea. However, the existing system can’t support monitoring of detailed fund usage results of projects and commissioned projects. To solve this problem, NTIS need to collect additional detail information including each expense items of projects, co-work projects, commissioned projects and co-research information. We designed NTIS database structure for the improvement project and implemented the registration and management functions at the Standard Information Management Service(SIMS).
Keywordscommissioned projects co-research information project expense item final researcher centric information
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.National Science & Technology Information Service (NTIS), http://www.ntis.go.kr
- 2.Korea Institute of S&T Evaluation and Planning, Office of National R&D Evaluation and Analysis: The plan to collect the co-research information & the commissioned project information and the detailed fund usage results of projects (January 2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Korea Institute of S&T Evaluation and Planning, Office of National R&D Evaluation and Analysis: 2011 Project Management Organizations Consultation meeting to improve the Research Analysis System (July 20, 2011) Google Scholar
- 4.The regulations for managing the National Research and Development Program, The Presidential Decree No. 22977 (July 24, 2011) Google Scholar
- 5.National Science & Technology Commission(NSTC) the steering committee: 2011 National R&D Information Standard (revised at November 2011) Google Scholar
- 6.Choi, H.-S., Lim, C.-S., Lee, B.-H., Kwon, L.-N., Kim, T.-H., Kim, Y.-J., Shin, D., Kim, J.: A Study on System Interconnection for National R&D Information Diffusion. In: KOSTI 2007, pp. 396–400 (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Lim, C.-S., et al.: Data Content Constraint Management for National R&D Data Quality Improvement. In: ICCC 2001 (2001)Google Scholar
- 8.Lim, C.-S., et al.: Development of NTIS Data Infrastructure for Convergence Service. In: Korea Convergence Society, Summer Conference, Jeju KoreaGoogle Scholar