A Study on Design of Microstrip Patch Antenna for Mobile Communication Systems
In this paper, a novel particle swarm optimization method based on IE3D is used to design a mobile communication Microstrip Patch Antenna. The aim of the thesis is to Design and fabricate an inset fed rectangular Microstrip Antenna and paper the effect of antenna dimensions Length (L), Width (W) and substrate parameters relative Dielectric constant (ε r ), substrate thickness on Radiation parameters of Band width. When the antenna was designed, a dual-band, dual-polarized antenna was used to secure the bandwidth and improve performance, and a coaxial probe feeding method so that the phased array of antenna is easy.
KeywordsMicrostrip Patch Antenna Mobile Communication Antenna PSO IE3D
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Mailoux, R.J.: On the Use of Metallized Cavities in Printed Slot Arrays with Dielectric Substrates. IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagation AP-35(5), 477–487 (1987)Google Scholar
- 3.Finkenzeller, K.: RFID Handbook, 2nd edn. John Wiley & Sons Ltd., England (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Haneishi, M., Konno, M.: Dual-polarized planar antenna fed by dog-bone slots. In: IEE 11th Int, Conf, of Antenna and Propagation, pp. 45–48 (April 2001)Google Scholar
- 6.Deschamp, G.A.: Mcirostrip Microwave Antennas. Presented at the Third USAF Symposium on Antennas (1953)Google Scholar
- 7.Shelokar, P.S.: Particle swarm and ant colony algorithms hybridized for improved continuous optimization. In: Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 188, pp. 129–142 (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Kennedy, J., Eberhart, R.: Particle swarm optimization. In: Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Neural Networks, pp. 1942–1948 (1995)Google Scholar