Application of Ionic Liquids in Multicomponent Reactions
This chapter reports the applicability of ionic liquids in the formation of different types of multicomponent reactions. Easy work-up, relatively short reaction times, good to high yields of the desired products, mild reaction conditions, low cost, availability, and reusability of the employed ionic liquids are the striking features of the reported methodologies.
KeywordsIonic Liquid Short Reaction Time Ethyl Cyanoacetate Acidic Ionic Liquid Ionic Liquid Phase
The authors thank their coworkers, named in the references, for their experimental and intellectual contributions.
- 2.Le ZG, Chen ZC, Hu Y, Zheng QG (2005) Organic reactions in ionic liquids: ionic liquid-promoted efficient synthesis of disubstituted and trisubstituted thioureas derivatives. Chinese Chem Lett 16:201–204Google Scholar
- 8.Le ZG, Chen ZC, Hu Y, Zheng QG (2005) Organic reactions in ionic liquids: ionic liquid-promoted three-component condensation of benzotriazole with aldehyde and alcohol. Chinese Chem Lett 16:155–158Google Scholar
- 18.Ranu BC, Jana R, Sowmiah S (2007) An improved procedure for the three-component synthesis of highly substituted pyridines using ionic liquid. J Org Lett 72:3152–3154Google Scholar
- 20.Ranu BC, Banejee S, Roy S (2008) A task specific ionic liquid, [bmim][OH]-promoted efficient, green and one-pot synthesis of tetrahydrobenzo[b]pyran derivatives. Indian J Chem 47B:1108–1112Google Scholar
- 22.Chakraborti AK, Roy SR, Kumar D, Chopra P (2008) Catalytic application of room temperature ionic liquids: [bmim][MeSO4] as a recyclable catalyst for synthesis of bis(indolyl)methanes. Ion-fishing by MALDI-TOF-TOF MS and MS/MS studies to probe the proposed mechanistic model of catalysis. Green Chem 10:1111–1118CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 29.Kitaoka S, Nobuoka K, Ishikawa Y (2004) The first utilization of acidic ionic liquid for preparation of tetraarylporphyrins. Chem Commun 1902–1903Google Scholar
- 32.Legeay JC, Eynde JJV, Toupet L, Bazureau JP (2007) A three-component condensation protocol based on ionic liquid phase bound acetoacetate for the synthesis of Biginelli 3,4-dihydropyrimidine-2(1H)- ones. Arkivoc iii:13–28Google Scholar
- 35.Zhi H, Lü C, Zhang Q, Luo J (2009) A new PEG-1000-based dicationic ionic liquid exhibiting temperature-dependent phase behavior with toluene and its application in one-pot synthesis of benzopyrans. Chem Commun 2878–2880Google Scholar
- 36.Zheng X, Qian YB, Wang Y (2010) 2-Pyrrolidinecarboxylic acid ionic liquid as a highly efficient organocatalyst for the asymmetric one-pot Mannich reaction. Eur J Org Chem 515–522Google Scholar
- 37.Ranu BC, Saha A, Banerjee S (2008) Catalysis by ionic liquids: significant rate acceleration with the use of [pmim][Br] in the three-component synthesis of dithiocarbamates. Eur J Org Chem 519–523Google Scholar