Kinetostatic Analysis of an Articulated Walking Mechanism
The mathematical model for kinetostatic analysis of Jansen’s type walking mechanism is presented in this paper. This mechanism will be implemented in the structure of a walking robot. Simulation results from CAD programs are also presented for validation of the mathematical model and for analyzing the 3D model of the mechanism. From a structural point of view the investigated mechanism consists in eight bar elements connected through revolute joints. The shape of the leg mechanism described is similar with the original one proposed by Theo Jansen.
KeywordsWalking mechanism Structural analysis Kinetostatics Virtual prototype Simulation
This work was partially supported by the strategic grant POSDRU/88/1.5/S/50783, Project ID50783 (2009), co-financed by the European Social Fund – Investing in People, within the Sectoral Operational Programme Human Resources Development 2007 – 2013.
- 1.Maniu I., Rădulescu C., Bogdanov I., Varga S., Dolga V.,Ciupe V.: Robotică. Aplicaţii robotizate ( Robotics. Robotical applications),Editura Politehnica, Timişoara (2009).Google Scholar
- 2.Vatău S., Rădulescu C.: Roboţi Mobili. Roboţi Mobili Păsitori (Robots. Walking Mobile Robots), Editura Politehnica, Timişoara (2008).Google Scholar
- 4.Ingram A.J.: A new type of walking machine. thesis, University of Johannesburg (2006). Available at: http://220.127.116.11:8080dspace/handle/10210/598. Accessed 2010-03-10.
- 5.Giesbrecht D., Qiong Wu C.: Dynamics of Legged Walking Mechanism “Wind Beast”, Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, University of Manitoba, California, (2010).Google Scholar
- 6.Jansen T.: http://www.strandbeest.com/. Accessed:2011-03-01.
- 7.Mesaroş A. V., Cărăbaş I., Lovasz E. C.: Manual pentru proiectarea mecanismelor (Manual for the design of mechanisms), Editura Mirton, Timişoara (1997).Google Scholar
- 9.Moldovan F., Dolga V.: Analysis of Jansen walking mechanism using CAD. Solid State Phenomena (Volumes), Robotics and Automation Systems (166 - 167), 297-302 (2010).Google Scholar
- 11.Tudose L., Pop D.: Proiectarea optimala cu algoritmi genetici (Optimal design using genetic algorithms),Mediamira, Cluj-Napoca, 19-25 (2002).Google Scholar
- 12.Duca C., Buium F., Paraoaru G.: Mecanisme (Mechanisms), Gh. Asachi, Iasi, 106 (2003).Google Scholar