Alternative Concept for Geometry Factor of Frequency Reuse in 3GPP LTE Networks
An intelligent radio resource management (RRM) is the core system of long term evolution (LTE) networks to provide the upcoming future applications with the broadband mobility, development of self organizing network (SON), and quality of service (QoS). Third generation partnership project (3GPP) standardizes that every 1 ms the physical radio resource blocks (PRBs) should be rescheduled during the transmission time interval (TTI). This proposal places a lot of processing load in the evolved node B’s (eNodeBs). The way to speed up the scheduling process should be considered in addition to increasing the whole LTE network throughput caused by utilization of high order modulation. It requires more processing time on both ends of the transmission process. In this article, important radio resource scheduling aspects are discussed. An alternative concept for geometry factor based on a new feedback method of channel quality information (CQI) can be used to employ the determined frequency reuse policy among the LTE cells. The presented concept helps us to reduce the PRBs scheduling time, processing load, and complexity.
KeywordsLong term evolution networks Radio resource management Geometry factor Frequency reuse
This research was supported by the Kyungpook National University Research Grand, 2009, and Industry-Academic Cooperation Foundation, Kyungpook National University and SL Light Corporation Joint Research Grant (the Grant No. 201014590000).
- 1.Wang Y, Kumar S, Garcia L, Pedersen KI, Kovács IZ, Frattasi S, Marchetti N, Mogensen PE (2009) Fixed frequency reuse for LTE-advanced systems in local area scenarios. In: IEEE 69th vehicular technology conference, Barcelona, SpainGoogle Scholar
- 2.Shannon C (1948) A mathematical theory of communication. Bell Syst Tech J 27:379–423, 623–656Google Scholar
- 3.Krasniqi B, Wrulich M, Mecklenbr¨auker CF (2009) Network-load dependent partial frequency reuse for LTE. In: Nineth international symposium on communication and information technology (ISCIT 2009), pp 672–676Google Scholar
- 4.Xie Z, Walke B (2009) Enhanced fractional frequency reuse to increase capacity of OFDMA systems. In: NTMS’09 the third international conference on new technologies, mobility and security, NJ, USAGoogle Scholar
- 5.Shbat M, Khan Md. RR, Tuzlukov V (2011) Simple feedback with priority list radio resource scheduling scheme for 3GPP LTE networks. In: Lecture notes in electrical engineering, Springer, BerlinGoogle Scholar
- 6.Lu Z, Tian H, Sun Q, Huang B, Zheng S (2010) An admission control strategy for soft frequency reuse deployment of LTE systems. In: The seventh IEEE conference on consumer communications and networking conference CCNC’10Google Scholar
- 7.Ikuno JC, Wrulich M, Rupp M (2010) System level simulation of LTE network. In: IEEE 71st vehicular technology conference VTC2010, Taipei, TaiwanGoogle Scholar