Dynamics Analysis for a Generalized Approximate 3x + 1 Function
To study character of the generalized 3x + 1 function is a difficult problem in fractal. At first, we put forward a generalized approximate 3x + 1 function D(z) and point out fractal character of D(z) is similar to generalized 3x + 1 function. Secondly we execute dynamics analysis of D(z) and find the fixed point and periodic point. Thirdly, we point out all fixed points are at real axis of complex plane. We proved there is no other attract fixed point except zero and find the distribution of periodic point in complex plane. Then we proved that iteration of D(z) is not divergence at whole number. Finally, we draw fractal figures to validate the dynamics character of D(z).
KeywordsFractal Generalized 3x + 1 function Periodic point Fixed point Complex plane
- 3.Wirsehing GJ (1998) The dynamical system generated by the 3n +1 function. Lect Notes Math 1681:153–159Google Scholar
- 4.Wu J, Hao S (2003) On equality of the adequate stopping time and the coefficient stopping time of n in the 3 N + 1 conjecture. J Huazhong Univ Sci Tech (Nature Science Edition) 31(5):114–116Google Scholar
- 10.Liu S, Wang Z (2009) Fixed point and fractal images for a generalized approximate 3x + 1 function. J Comput Aided Des Comput Graph 21(12):1740–1744Google Scholar
- 11.Liu S et al (2011) The existence of fixed point for a generalized 3x + 1 function. Appl Mech Mater 55–57:1341–1345Google Scholar
- 12.Liu S et al (2011) periodic point at real axis for a generalized 3x + 1 function. Appl Mech Mater 55–57:1670–1674Google Scholar