Application of Double-Loop PID Controller in the Inversed Pendulum Real-Time Control System
The proposed double-loop PID control scheme may solve the problems of the unstable inverted pendulum system with single-input and double-outputs and strong nonlinear coupling. The feasibility of double-loop PID control’s multiple combinations scheme is studied by simulating with MATLAB. The simulation results showed that double-loop PD–PD control scheme was the best options when comparing all kinds of double-loop PID control methods. The real-time control experiment of the actual single inverted pendulum device confirmed that the proposed control scheme could realize the double closed-loop control of the car position and the swing link angle.
KeywordsDouble-loop PID control Real-time control Inverted pendulum Simulation
The work was supported by the Innovation Fund for Small Technology-based Firms of China (No. 09C26214101775, No. 2009GJD00027) and Innovation Scientists and Technicians Troop Construction Projects of Zhengzhou City (10CXTD160).
- 1.Googol Technology (HK) Limited (2002) Googol inverted pendulum system and automatic control experimentGoogle Scholar
- 2.Xu L, Gao W, Qiu L (2009) A three-dimensional simulation of inverted pendulum based virtual reality modeling language. Comput Tech Autom 03:26–28Google Scholar
- 3.Feng D, Ma J, Zhou Y (2008) Design and simulation of digital optimal controller to single inverted pendulum system. Microcomput Inf 28 (10):85–86,174Google Scholar
- 4.Cui P, Weng Z, Patton R (2008) Novel active fault-tolerant control scheme and its application to a double inverted pendulum system. J Syst Eng Electr 01:138–144Google Scholar
- 5.Wang X, Feng D (2008) Research of LQR controller design method based on MATLAB. Microcomput Inf 10 (04):43–45Google Scholar
- 6.Wang X, Sun Z, Wang L, Feng D (2008) Design and research based on fuzzy PID-parameters self-tuning controller with MATLAB. In: International conference on advanced computer theory and engineering (ICACTE 2008), Phuket. IEEE CPS, Thailand, pp 996–999Google Scholar
- 7.Wang X, Wang L, Sun Z, Feng D (2009) Short-term load forecasting based on RBF adaptive neural fuzzy inference. In: Proceedings of the 14th youth conference on communication. Scientific Research Publishing, USA, pp 220–224Google Scholar
- 8.Wang X, Sun Z, Wang L, Huang S (2009) Simulation and optimization of parameters on DC motor double closed-loop control system based on simulink. International conference on intelligent human–machine systems and cybernetics (IHMSC09). IEEE CPS, Hangzhou, pp 253–256Google Scholar