An Enhanced Authenticated 3-round Identity-Based Group Key Agreement Protocol
In 2008, Gang Yao et al. proposed an authenticated 3-round identity-based group key agreement protocol, which is based on Burmester and Desmedt’s protocol proposed at Eurocrypt 94. However, their protocol can only prevent passive attack. If active attack is allowed, the protocol is vulnerable and an internal attacker can forge her neighbor’s keying material. It is obvious that the protocol does not achieve the aim of authentication. In this chapter, we propose an enhanced provably secure protocol based on their protocol. Finally, we make a detailed security analysis of our enhanced authenticated identity-based group key agreement protocol.
KeywordsAuthentication Identity-based Key agreement Bilinear pairing Cryptanalysis Attack
The authors thank the editors and anonymous reviewers for their valuable comments. This work is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China under Grant No. 60873235 and 60473099, the National Grand Fundamental Research 973 Program of China (Grant No. 2009CB320706), Scientific and Technological Developing Scheme of Jilin Province (20080318), and Program of New Century Excellent Talents in University (NCET-06-0300).
- 3.Diffie W (1988) The first ten years of public-key cryptograph. Proc IEEE 76(5):560–577Google Scholar
- 5.Shamir A (1984) Identity-based cryptosystems and signature schemes. Advances in cryptology, CRYPTO’84, LNCS 196. Springer, Berlin, pp 47–53Google Scholar
- 6.Boneh D, Franklin M (2001) Identity-based encryption from the Weil pairing, advances in cryptology, CRYPTO’2001, LNCS 2139. Springer, Berlin, pp 213–229Google Scholar
- 7.Chin J-J, Heng S-H, Goi B-M (2008) An efficient and provable secure identity-based identification scheme in the standard model, LNCS 5057, Springer, Berlin, pp 60–73Google Scholar
- 9.Zhang J, Yang Y, Niu X, Gao S, Chen H, Geng Q (2009) An improved secure identity-based on-line/off-line signature scheme, ISA 2009, LNCS 5576, Springer, Berlin, pp 588–597Google Scholar
- 11.Kiayias A, Zhou H-S (2007) Hidden identity-based signatures, LNCS 4886, Springer, Berlin, pp 134–147Google Scholar
- 12.Li C-T (2010) On the security enhancement of an efficient and secure event signature protocol for P2P MMOGs, ICCSA, LNCS 6016, pp 599–609Google Scholar
- 15.Cao T, Lin D, Xue R (2005) An efficient ID-based deniable authentication protocol from pairings, AINA’05, pp 388–391Google Scholar
- 16.Chou JS, Chen YL, Huang JC (2006) An ID-based deniable authentication protocol on pairings, cryptology ePrint archive: report (335)Google Scholar
- 18.Yao G, Wang H, Jiang Q (2008) An authenticated 3-round identity-based group key agreement protocol, the third international conference on availability, reliability, and security. ACM 2008, pp 538–543Google Scholar
- 19.Burmester M, Desmedt Y (1994) A Secure and Efficient Conference Key Distribution System, EUROCRYPT’94, LNCS 950. Springer, Berlin, pp 275–286Google Scholar