Image Inpainting Under Local Coordinate System
This chapter focus on the regular texture inpainting problem under local coordinate system. General variational image inpainting models perform well for cartoon images, but poor for textures. In this paper, a novel local inpainting model is proposed by combining the total variation and OABE algorithm. Firstly, the local direction of texture is obtained according to the neighborhood of damaged region, the local coordinate is set up via the local texture direction and its normal direction; then the local variational inpainting model is proposed in this coordinate. We give the discrete Gauss–Seidel algorithm for this model and numerical experiments. The results show that our algorithm perform well for the regular texture images, even for textures like “Y”.
KeywordsInpainting Nonlocal total variation (NLTV) Discrete cosine transform
This work is supported by the Project Sponsored by the Scientific Research Foundation (Nanchang Hangkong University), National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 60873181).
- 1.Bertalmio M, Sapiro G, Caselles V, Ballester C (2000) Imageinpainting. Computer Graphics (SIGGRAPH July 2000)Google Scholar
- 4.Criminisi A, Perez P, Toyama K (2003) Object removal by exemplar-based inpainting. IEEE Proc CVPR 2:721–728Google Scholar
- 5.Esedoglu S, Shen J (2002) Digital inpainting based on the Mumford-Shah-Euler image model. Eur J Appl Math 13:353–370Google Scholar
- 6.Bertalmio M, Vese L, Sapiro G, Osher S (2003) Simultaneous structure and texture image inpainting. IEEE Trans Image Process 12(8):882–889Google Scholar
- 7.Niu Y, Poston T (2005) Using an oriented PDE to repair image textures. VLSM, LNCS 3752, pp 61–72Google Scholar
- 8.Shao X, Liu Z, Song B (2004) An adaptive image inpainting approach based on TV model. J Circuits Syst 9:113–117Google Scholar
- 9.Yasuda M, Ohkubo J, Tanaka K (2005) Digital image inprinting based on Markov random field. IEEE CIMCA-IAWTIC, pp 245–249Google Scholar