An Approach to Construct Coarse-Grained Program Slicing
On the basis of analyzing the defects present in traditional system dependence graph, the method based on ripple effect is proposed to compute coarse-grained program slicing. The method perfects object-oriented program semantics and to reduce the computation complexity by expanding the signification of coarse-grained and analyzing ripple effect. Object-oriented program semantics are described in detail. At length, the algorithms for analyzing ripple effects, constructing system dependence graph and computing coarse-grained program slicing are designed.
KeywordsProgram slicing Coarse-grained Ripple effect System dependence graph
This work is partially supported by the Shandong Province High Technology Research and Development Program of China (Grant No. 2011GGB01017); Research Foundation of Qilu Normal University; Project of Shandong Province Higher Educational Science and Technology Program; Soft Science Research Program of Shandong Province.
- 2.Chen ZQ, Zhou YM, Xu BW, Zhao JJ, Yang HJ (2002) A novel approach to measuring class cohesion based on dependence analysis. IEEE international conference on software maintenance, pp 377–383Google Scholar
- 4.Xu BW, Chen ZQ, Zhou XY (2001) Slicing object-oriented Ada95 programs based on dependence analysis. J Softw 12(12):208–213Google Scholar
- 5.Chae HS, Kwon YR (1998) A cohesion measure for classes in object-oriented systems. In: Proceedings of the 5th international software metrics symposium. IEEE Computer Society Press, pp158–166Google Scholar
- 7.Korel B, Tahat L, Bader A (2003) Slicing of state based models. In: Proceedings of the IEEE international conference on software maintenance, pp 34–43Google Scholar
- 8.Harrold MJ, Jones JA (2001) Regression test selection for Java software, OOPSLA 2001, pp 313–326Google Scholar
- 9.Jiang S, Zhang C (2010) A debugging approach for Java runtime exceptions based on program slicing and stack traces. In: Proceedings of the 10th quality software international conferenceGoogle Scholar
- 11.Li H, Peng Y, Ye X, Yue J (2010) Test sequence generation from combining property modeling and program slicing. In: Proceedings of the 34th annual computer software and applications conference, SeoulGoogle Scholar
- 13.Tao C, Li B, Sun X, Zhang C (2010) An approach to regression test selection based on hierarchical slicing technique. In: Proceedings of 2010 IEEE 34th annual computer software and applications conference, SeoulGoogle Scholar
- 14.Gupta N, Rao P (2001) Program execution-based module cohesion measurement. In: Proceedings of the 16th IEEE international conference on automated software engineering, San DiegoGoogle Scholar
- 15.Meyers TM, Binkley D (2004) Slice-based cohesion metrics and software intervention. In: Proceedings of the 11th working conference on reverse engineeringGoogle Scholar
- 16.Hill E, Pollock L (2007) Exploring the neighborhood with dora to expedite software maintenance. In: Proceedings of the twenty-second IEEE/ACM international conference on Automated software engineeringGoogle Scholar
- 17.Hoang Viet MS (2009) Software maintenance: a program slicer using cross referencer. ProQuest Diss Theses 48(4):72–76Google Scholar