Optimization of Air Network Applied in the Express Based on Hub-and-Spoke Network: A Case Study of SF Express
The air network applied in express based on Hub-and-spoke network contributes to fully giving scope to the advantage of competitiveness and enlarging the market. In this paper, we choose SF express as the example and get the data of portfolio and the distance of two different cities through the strict survey. Based on the data, we build the simplified model of Hub-and-spoke network, determine the district and cities which are covered by the air hubs then plan the air lines and scheduled flights. The conclusion of study proves that Hub-and-spoke network can make full use of air resource, improve the load rate of the plane and the coverage.
KeywordsHub-and-spoke network Express Air network Optimization
This research is supported by Ministry of Education’s Social Sciences and Humanities Research Project (10YJC630018) and Zhejiang Provincial University Students Scientific Innovative Project.
- 3.Ding L-L (2008) Deregulation and the improvement of Hub-and-spoke network of civil aviation transportation industry. J Harbin Univ Comm 5:118–120Google Scholar
- 4.Jin F-J, Wang C-J (2009) Hub-and-spoke system and China aviation network organization. Geogr Res 24:774–784Google Scholar
- 5.Zhong S (2003) The supply of concentrate-star structure in the air transportation. Transp Syst Eng Inf 3:9–14Google Scholar
- 6.Zhang H.-M (2000) The operating condition of Axes-spoke network. Int Aviat 21:37–39Google Scholar
- 7.Yang H-Y (2010) The application of Hub-and-spoke network in Chinese aeronautic transportation. J Beijing Inst Technol 12:27–30Google Scholar