Computer, Informatics, Cybernetics and Applications pp 1673-1683 | Cite as
Hierarchical Base-k Chord Based on Semantic Networks
Chord is a famous structured peer-to-peer networks. There are many variants which change the structure and the routing algorithm of Chord, and all these variants achieve higher routing efficiency than those of standard Chord, one variant of Chord is called Base-k Chord. To improve the routing efficiency of Base-k Chord, this chapter proposes a structured model for Base-k Chord by using hierarchical structure, which have two layers, one is called local layer (like the general layer of Base-k Chord),the other is called global layer which composed by supernodes (it is a semantic networks layer).Both the two layers of hierarchical Base-k Chord are composed by general structure of Base-k Chord. The routing algorithms of our model based on the base-k Chord’s, that is, the routing method is the same as the base-k Chord’s when the search key include in local area; otherwise, the node need transfer the search message to a related supernode of semantic layer, finally search the key in corresponding local area. The experimental results show that our model has better routing efficiency than its counterparts.
KeywordsPeer-to-peer(P2P) Distributed hash table(DHT) Chord Base-k Chord Semantic networks
This research was partially supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China under grant 60872057 and 60803053, and by Zhejiang Provincial Natural Science Foundation of China under grant R1090244,Y107293 and Y1080212, and by Zhejiang Provincial Scientific and Technological Project of China under grant 2008C21083 and Huzhou Municipal Scientific and Technological Project of China under grant 2008GG11.
- 1.Napster. www.napster.com
- 2.Stoica I, Morris R, Karger D, et al (2001) Chord: a scalable peer-to-peer lookup service for internet applications. In: Proceedings of SIGCOMM San Diego, California, USAGoogle Scholar
- 3.Ratnasamy S, Francis S (2001) etc A scalable content-addressable network. In: Proceedings of ACM SIGCOMM San Diego, California, USA, pp 161–172Google Scholar
- 4.Chiola G, Cordasco G, Gargano L et al (2008) Optimizing the finger table in chord-like DHTs[J]. In concurrency and computation: practice and experience. Wiley, pp. 643–657Google Scholar
- 5.Cordasco G, Gargano L, Negro A et al (2008) F-Chord: improved uniform routing on Chord[J]. In networks Wiley, pp 323–330Google Scholar
- 6.Yan HY, Guan JH and Zhan WH, Jiang YL (2010) An asymmetrically bidirectional base-k Chord[J]. Telecomm Sci 26(10):71–79Google Scholar
- 7.Yan HY, Guan JH, Jiang YL (2009) Symmetrical bidirectional Base-k chord and its interesting character. The 5th international conference on semantics, knowledge and grid, Zhuhai, pp 371–375Google Scholar
- 8.Joung YJ, Wang JC Chord2 (2007) A two-layer Chord for reducing maintenance overhead via heterogeneity. Comput Netw 51(3):712–731Google Scholar
- 9.Steyvers M, Tenenbaum JB (2005) The large-scale structure of semantic networks: statistical analyses and a model of semantic growth. Cognit Sci 29:41–78Google Scholar