Computer, Informatics, Cybernetics and Applications pp 1317-1325 | Cite as
A Combined Data Mining Method and Its Application in Water Quality Trends Analysis
A combined method with moving average smoothing method, reverse test method and linear regression model is presented to analyze water quality trends in this chapter. The method is applied to the trends analysis for Yangtze-Taihu Water Diversion, the conclusions are verified by the practice and application of Wuxi Hydrology and Water Resources Monitoring Council, and the method is proved effective.
KeywordsMoving average smoothing method Reverse test method Yangtze-Taihu water diversion Water quality trends
This research was supported by
the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities(No. 2009B22014).
the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 51079040).
948 Project of Ministry of Water Resources(No. 201016).
- 1.Hirsch RM, Slack JR, Smith RA (1982) Techniques of trend analysis for monthly water quality data [J]. Water Resour Res 18(1):107–121Google Scholar
- 2.Wang XL, Hu BQ, J Xia. (2002) R/S analysis method of trend and aberrance point on hydrological time series [J]. J Wuhan Univ Hydraul Electr Eng 35(2):10–12Google Scholar
- 3.Xu ZX, Zhang N (2006) Long-term trend of precipitation in the Yellow River Basin during the past 50 years [J]. Geogr Res 25(1):27–33Google Scholar
- 4.Ichiyangl K, Yamanaka MD, Muraji Y et al (2007) Precipitation in N.Cpell between 1987 and 1996 [J]. Int J Climatol 15(2):245–256Google Scholar
- 5.Naddafi K, Honari H, Ahmadi M (2007) Water quality trend analysis for the Karoon River in Iran [J]. Environ Monit Assess 134:305–312Google Scholar
- 6.Yu YS, Chen XW (2008) Analysis of future trend characteristics of hydrological time series based on R/S and Mann–Kendall methods [J]. J Water Res Water Eng 19(3):41–44Google Scholar
- 7.Kauffman GJ, Belden AC (2010) Water quality trends (1970 to 2005) along Delaware streams in the Delaware and Chesapeake Bay Watersheds, USA [J]. Water Air Soil Pollut 208:345–375Google Scholar
- 8.Xiao ZH, Guo YM (2009) Time series analysis and SAS application [M]. Wuhan University Press, Wuhan, pp 24–28Google Scholar
- 9.Wu HY (2008) Research of key technology for Yangtze-Taihu water diversion [J]. China Water Resour 1:1–3Google Scholar